India China Fund

sole

Todays Independent recomended this Irish Life India China managed by Fidelity. 58% since 2005.
Anyone know how to get info on it - it does not seem to be on Irish Life website (taht I can find).
High Risk but I would like to explore it.

You are right - there is no information on the Irish Life Website. I found the brochure including an application form here [broken link removed]
Hope this helps.

You'll have to contact Irish Life for information (edit. didn't read philips post above) - the India-China fund itself is a split between Fidelity's India Focus Fund and China Focus Fund. (something that isn't made clear at all). I would tread carefully to be honest - and that is speaking as someone who has made in an investment in the fund - high charges & high risk, and on recent performance I am somewhat regretting going in.......but then life is a risk isn't it?

I just had email from Irish Life customer service and they said it is a very volatile fund and contact a financil advisor.
Thanks for the advice p and c . I will certainly be cautious..

There are quite a few [broken link removed] you could just buy them. Tread carefully though, they are volatile.

"The India Fund" by Blackstone is a closed fund that can be bought on the NYSE. If you sell such a fund and realise a profit, is it treated as CGT, (20% after using up your personnal allowance) or do you pay 23% on the total profit realised? Thanks for the time.

You can now buy into this India Equity Fund through Eagle Star :

'This unit-linked fund gives you the opportunity to participate in the performance of the Morgan Stanley Capital International Inc. (MSCI) India Index and share in the performance of companies in India's emerging economy. The fund aims to track the performance of the MSCI India Index by investing in an Exchange Traded Fund (ETF). As the MSCI India Index is priced in rupees, a currency risk arises for the Euro investor'

Back