Independent Financial Advisor wanted in Cork!

GreenFlag

Hi

not sure if this is the right section.

any recommendations for an independent financial advisor who would come visit and do an "Eddie Hobbs" like review of our finances, mortgages, policiespensions, shares, etc etc and give independent reliable advice. not tied to any companies or agent for specific products.

any recommendations on how I should be talking to would be welcome?

thanks

GF

If you dont get any replies, ring Mark Kenny in New Ireland Cork office.

Mark is a good guy, knows all the brokers and would point you in the direction of a decent broker even if his own products werent top of the list for what you are looking for.

I dont work for New Ireland or in the Cork area so this is independent advice to contact him.

Good luck.

I dont work for New Ireland or in the Cork area so this is independent advice to contact him.

Good luck.

Mark works for New Ireland I presume ? Thats not independent by any stretch of the imagination and does not fairly answer the request of the OP.

Mark does work for New Ireland and is a broker sales manager. I qualified this by saying only contact him if no other recommendations are given. As I said he would recommend someone even if his products were not sold.

thanks guys.

Is it an independent financial advisor I am looking for?

Is there an umbrella group/body/organistaion where I can a listing of such professionals?

Of possible I really dont want anyone that is on a commission to sell a certain companies products.

It doesnt need to be restricted to cork if anyone has recommendations for further afield.

appreciate the input

GF

There is two umbrella bodies. IBA (Irish Brokers Association) and PIBA (Professional Insurance Brokers Association). To the best of my knowledge both of their websites have a "Find a broker" area on their website, however this does not mean those brokers are good, its just contact details not recommendations.

Most brokers will operate on a fee basis if you stipulate from the onset that you want to proceed on this basis, bear in mind though that most insurance companies have commission built into the charging structures dependent on the product involved so if you do purchase a product ensure it is actually on a nil commission basis or that you get a refund of commission if the commission is built into the basic price of a product.

If you are not fussy about the area in which the broker is based, then there are a number of brokers who regularly give advice on this website. Have a look at some of their contributions and see if any of them appeal to you might be a starting point. If you want to sit down with someone though, picking one based in Cork may be better.

Back