Increasing rent in an RPZ

Whatami

I own a 3 bed property that I have been renting to a friend for the last 10 years. He is moving to Australia soon, so I will be looking for new tenants. I have only been charging him 1150 a month in an area where the average rent for a 3 bed is now 2200. I don't want to raise the rent to that level, but with the recent interest rate changes I will need to charge approx 1600 to cover costs. Is it possible to raise by that much in an RPZ if I can prove that the rent is way lower than it should be?

I own a 3 bed property that I have been renting to a friend for the last 10 years. He is moving to Australia soon, so I will be looking for new tenants. I have only been charging him 1150 a month in an area where the average rent for a 3 bed is now 2200. I don't want to raise the rent to that level, but with the recent interest rate changes I will need to charge approx 1600 to cover costs. Is it possible to raise by that much in an RPZ if I can prove that the rent is way lower than it should be?

Other than leaving it vacant for 2 years I don't believe so however if you do find a way let me know!

1.What rent increases have you applied over the last decade?
2. Use RTB calculator
3. Consider Ukraine scheme, €800 per month tax free.

This is why landlords are leaving the market. There is no control over your rent. Was the tenancy registered with the RTB? Is there a paper trail?

You can see how much you can raise the rent by using the RTB calculator as a poster mentioned above.

Back