Increase in Bin Collection charges

D

Daithi

Don't know if this is true but i've been told that some councils are going to in crease their bin lift charge by €4 per lift to €9. I've also caught the tail end of a discussion on this on the radio.

The reason (and this is pathetic) : People aren't putting their bins out enough.

Now i thought the idea of bin charges was to encourage people to put their bins out less. Now that they are doing it there will be an additional charge because they dont put them out enough.

Posted this to another 'rubbish' question!!

In fact the Cork County Manager had some class things to say about this last year. it turned out that last year in the parts of the county that had pay by weight that to many people reduced, reused, recycled. so they got way less money than they thought they would for the weighed waste. Which meant that the county manager said they would have to put up the cost per KG because no matter how much they collected they still needed to collect 400 quid per household. Which leads to an obvious issue of the pay by weight being manipulated to basically make sure a fixed charge is met in any case....

Back