Incompetence & lack of customer service

I'm about to go the Post Office with AML documentation. It's for a maturing National Solidarity Bond. I had the same rigmarole four years ago when I opened it. As then, I'm going to print an online ESB bill and hope they don't notice it's not an original. I have literally zero utilities, banks etc. who ever send me physical mail anymore which is why I can't understand how AML requirements can be so far behind the times. Does nobody else have this problem? I also have to produce some official Revenue documentation for proof of PPSN. The only thing I have is a demand letter for €100 (based on me doing a tax return for ten years ago just to make sure I was 100% up to date, which they then made impossible to pay online). Anyone know if that will suffice? It's on Revenue official paper and has my address and PPSN on it.

I've got one of these maturing, and there's nowhere on the form to put in an IBAN for the repayment. I emailed them and they've told me they will only issue a cheque. I don't have an account with a bank that will accept a cheque. When I told them this, they just repeated that they only issue cheques and ignored my next email.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get my money back from them?

I've got one of these maturing, and there's nowhere on the form to put in an IBAN for the repayment. I emailed them and they've told me they will only issue a cheque. I don't have an account with a bank that will accept a cheque. When I told them this, they just repeated that they only issue cheques and ignored my next email.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get my money back from them?

who do you bank with. ?

I bank with N26 and Bunq.

Contact your 2 banks and see do they have any arrangements with any Irish banks for the handling of paper payments. It's possible they will (it's often called an agency arrangement). If so, you may be able to lodge at the Irish Bank although clearing the cheque will take longer and may be subject to a fee. Failing that you will need to open an account with an Irish Bank to lodge the cheque and if needs be, close it when it has cleared

Back