Incapacitated Child Tax Credit

Can I ask how did you apply for the ICC ?
We are just starting out this exact process.
Step 1: ICC2
My teenage son was recently diagnosed with autism (ASD).

My GP was aware that we were going through that process and I shared the report with her.

I brought firm ICC2 into her and she signed off:
-that incapacity has been present since birth
-permanent
-cannot be improved by treatment
- unable to maintain themselves on reaching 18
- listed the incapacity ASD

Step 2: ICC1
I wasnt aware initially but there is another form ICC1.. I completed that one:
- stated that no one else is maintaining child
- provided bank details for refund

Step 3: claim tax credit
Claim additional tax credit by uploading both forms to revenue.ie via manage my tax for current year
- this took few days but credit was applied

Step 4: refund for previous years
If you have already completed tax returns abd have statement of liability then refund should issue automatically
In my case, 2020 hadnt been submittee so I completed that and the credit offset taxes due, statement of liability provided and refund was issued

Step 5: current year
Ive just moved job, so was emergency taxed first month as both employments were still on revenue. Im not 100% sure how this is being dealt with but I expect credit to be applied next pay cycle.

DubDub - I have uploaded the forms and it says my tax credits would be reduced by xxxx.xx

Any idea why my credits would reduce??
Surely it would increase?

Thanks

DubDub - I have uploaded the forms and it says my tax credits would be reduced by xxxx.xx

Any idea why my credits would reduce??
Surely it would increase?

Thanks

I submitted this a while ago and my tax credits increased for this year. I completed 2020 returns and the credit reduced due to TWSS.
Do you have other income that could reduce the credits?

I submitted this a while ago and my tax credits increased for this year. I completed 2020 returns and the credit reduced due to TWSS.
Do you have other income that could reduce the credits?
Yes - the other half is a home carer.
And we share our credits

Deleted - Realised this has been responded to more comprehensively in other post.

If you haven't received your refund as yet for 2022.....just make sure your tax credit cert is CUMULATIVE and not Week1/Month1..... just send them a message and they will change it within 24 hours and you will then receive refund in your next pay rather than waiting till year end to claim back....... I was moved to Week1/Month1 due to illness benefit (COVID) which is standard revenue practice (my issue was not ICTC which I have for years but I was working on my AVC's and tax didn't seem to be adjusting and then I realised I was Week1/Mth1) was just thinking maybe with moving jobs they might do this also.....

Has anyone had this problem?
The number of incapacitated
children entered is greater than
the number of dependent children
on your record.

Back