INBS FlexiSaver 21 withdrawal notice procedure

ClubMan

Dropped into INBS to give them 21 days notice of a withdrawal on my FlexiSaver 21 account. They write it (name, account details and date - not the amount or anything) into a big ledger and then you have to call back after 21 days to make the withdrawal. I was amazed at this manual process. Should I have been?

Dropped into INBS to give them 21 days notice of a withdrawal on my FlexiSaver 21 account. They write it (name, account details and date - not the amount or anything) into a big ledger and then you have to call back after 21 days to make the withdrawal. I was amazed at this manual process. Should I have been?

If the system works, can be adequately audited, is easy to train people on, has limited or no "IT" problems and is easy to upgrade (ie buy a new pen) then why not - it is a low cost but effective solution.

Fair points. I visited the O'Connell Street branch. Anybody else ever been there? I have been there about half a dozen times over a period of about 15 years. Every time it's like a morgue. The one girl on duty at the counter was doing her crossword when I approached the counter. The security guard was the only other person in the place.

I use the branch in Stillorgan but it is very rare to see another customer inside when I visit them. Staff (2 usually) are busy reading and yes they are not as automated as other banks but then maybe that's a plus these days?

Grafton St. branch is the same. I wish all banks were, in and out in 2 minutes!

hi there,

Anybody know off hand what happens if you give 21 days notice of a withdrawl amount and then you realise you do not need to withdraw the original amount indicated to INBS?

Are you 'obliged' to withdraw the amount indicated or can you take out a lesser amount?

thanks

hi there,

Anybody know off hand what happens if you give 21 days notice of a withdrawl amount and then you realise you do not need to withdraw the original amount indicated to INBS?
They don't ask how much you will be withdrawing when you give notice!

I was actually wondering if you could give rolling notice and not necessarily act on it in order to circumvent the restrictions of the 21 day notice period to some extent?

hi clubman,

the girl in the baggot st branch asked me how much and she wrote it down in her notebook (I too was surprised by the manual nature of the transaction).

thanks

I asked the girl in O'Connell Street did she not want to know the amount and she laughed and said "no"!

hi clubman,

the girl in the baggot st branch asked me how much and she wrote it down in her notebook (I too was surprised by the manual nature of the transaction).

thanks

I asked the girl in O'Connell Street did she not want to know the amount and she laughed and said "no"!

They were probably just using different versions of the software :)

I pass an Irish Nationwide office every day and never saw a customer in it. Took particular notice to-day and could see a lady and gentleman, both impeccably dressed in uniform, just staring out. Which makes me think (1) how are they profitable paying all these staff doing nothing (2) and if they have customers, where are they?

Could it be that many of their product offerings don't require many people to attend the branch as a matter of course? The first time I was in the O'Connell Street branch was c. 1995 when I was first shopping around for a mortgage. I thought it was decrepit and morgue like then. It hasn't changed much, if at all, since!

anybody got any ideas for whats the best way to save ?i have 500 a month to spare not much i know but have to start some were,savina 400 a month in credit union is this silly ?i hear halifax is good.

You are posting your question in the wrong thread but I will try to point you in the right direction. Check out the thread ' Best Buys' and have a look at ' lump sums' or 'regular saving accounts.' If I had 400 a month to save I would open a regular saver with First Active @ 7.15%. You could also look at Halifax, Anglo Irish Bank or EBS, all paying 7%. Keep an eye on the terms and conditions. You are correct - saving it in the credit union is silly - probably paying between 2% and 3%. Of course if you intend applying for a loan in the foreseeable future you have a different scenario.

Back