INBS and Anglo Deposits Moving/Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If access to my deposits at Anglo are unaffected by the transfer then when Anglo closes its doors do I have to go into the receiving banks branch to get access to my money or would it be through an Anglo branch (if they remain open)

If access to my deposits at Anglo are unaffected by the transfer then when Anglo closes its doors do I have to go into the receiving banks branch to get access to my money or would it be through an Anglo branch (if they remain open)

You will need to go into the receiving bank, if they have a high street presence.

I wonder are Ulster,Rabo,Northern Rock a possibility - BOI or AIB not a sure bet anymore.

I definitely would rule out Rabo - they would not agree to pay that kind of interest rate. I think it could be PTSB given they need the deposits & are offering high enough rates these days anyway. But it's just a guess!

Is there any advantage to leaving Irish Nationwide/Anglo deposits in place until they are moved?

Also, I have an ancient Investment Share a/c in INBS; would that be covered by the usual deposit guarantees?

Given that IN/Anglo rates are generally higher than everyone else's you would be getting a lower rate.

It seems that when they are moved, the existing t&cs will still apply but as these have a get-out clause, it would expect that the rates will be lowered shortly after the transfer anyway.

Mortgage Rates

Does anyone have any opinion on what may happen with INBS mortgage rates taken everything into account??

Given that IN/Anglo rates are generally higher than everyone else's you would be getting a lower rate.
There's a get-out clause on this?
I asked this very same question earlier in this thread - and CiaranT seemed to think that they (the 'new' or 'receiving' bank) would have to honour the rates?

Yes say it's a fixed term they will honour it until maturity but say it's a premium demand a/c with Anglo for example the following day after taking over the Deposits they could lower the interest rate.

Good article on the latest hiccup ...
http://namawinelake.wordpress.com/2011/02/15/4069/

It’s like the Hotel Rwanda but instead of blood thirsty Hutus, you have the beleaguered Department of Finance whose intent isn’t to “chop the cockroaches” but to “burn the bondholders”. But first they needed the Blue Helmets (in our case represented by Granny Ni Houlihan’s life savings on deposit in Anglo) to leave before it becomes a free-fire zone. And perhaps as soon as next week, Granny Ni Houlihan’s deposits will have been transferred out of Anglo following the decision last week to auction off the deposit books of Anglo and INBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back