Key Post In search of a low cost Executive Pension

Thanks. They used to, but I don't know if they still do.

It sounds like your complaint is with the broker that sold you this. If you have it writing from them that the charges would be 0.5% all-in, I would go back to them to point out that they're not

Surely it's Aviva's responsibility to provide transparent details on their charges, I've been unable to locate that information anywhere before receiving the policy schedule.

The broker provided details of the 0.5% AMC for execution only accounts.

Cantor also included details of this charges but clearly said that other charges from the product producer might apply.

I'm 100% certain that separate charges are being applied as Aviva and Friends First charges along with the Cantor charge.

I'm surprised that a pension provider lacks transparency on charges to this extent nowadays and will definitely seek clarification from the broker and Aviva.

Surely it's Aviva's responsibility to provide transparent details on their charges, I've been unable to locate that information anywhere before receiving the policy schedule.

The broker provided details of the 0.5% AMC for execution only accounts.

Cantor also included details of this charges but clearly said that other charges from the product producer might apply.

I'm 100% certain that separate charges are being applied as Aviva and Friends First charges along with the Cantor charge.

I'm surprised that a pension provider lacks transparency on charges to this extent nowadays and will definitely seek clarification from the broker and Aviva.

I'm a broker and Aviva (and the other product providers) do provide brokers with full details of all the charges on products they offer. In this instance, there's Aviva and Cantor involved but again full details are readily available of charges levied by both companies. While I spend a lot of my time on Askaboutmoney defending brokers, in this instance I'd say that it's the broker's responsibility to inform you of what all the charges will be, before you sign on the dotted line. Aviva (like all the product providers) offer a wide range of charging structure options and the broker chooses one.

@PensionPlans

SDIO is not something I offer but, is the 0.55% pa the cost of Trusteeship by any chance?

Gerard

www.prsa.ie
I can't say what it is.

I've contacted Aviva twice by phone over the past month to request a clarification on the fees which apply and to help me to understand the deductions.

They said they would send it out but I'm still waiting.

Back