in bother with my PIA!

She is not going to the GP because she says it is a waste of money not because she can't afford it.

I disagree with you Sunny. What's she's done is become so stressed she's literally crossing off things that she needs in order to save money. A friendly GP in her circumstances is what she needs. Instead she's crossed off a necessity. A GP is not a luxury when you have cancer.

The estimated fees, costs, charges and outlays (“fees and outlays”) of the PIP will be €11,070.00 including VAT @ 23% plus estimated outlays of €492 payable to an independent third party for the provision of services specifically related to the arrangement payable in accordance with this clause 7.

The estimated fees, costs, charges and outlays (“fees and outlays”) of the PIP will be €11,070.00 including VAT @ 23% plus estimated outlays of €492 payable to an independent third party for the provision of services specifically related to the arrangement payable in accordance with this clause 7.

Not sure I understand. So you are saying that your PIP wants to charge you and addition €11.5k to go back to the bank given your new financial circumstances?
Seems outrageous if that is the cost.

I was quoted a price of 1,250 by a PIP I saw when considering a DSA. The price you have been quoted is 10 times that figure.

Last edited:
hi all.
back again!
i have been in touch with MABS and sent them everything, told me not to
worry and they'd be in touch. i have'nt heard anything since so i've emailed again.
anyhow got this today:
As you have failed to submit the information and documentation necessary for a variation to the terms of your PIA to be proposed and the arrears now total €5,304.40 your PIA is now in the process of being terminated therefore I would advise that you make no further payments.
i have submitted all they ask for but then they keep sending me back to get it signed off again , they say i don't send stuff in. i have'nt responded to them as i'm just so tired of it all now.
i think i'll just go bankrupt and be done.

Wait a moment Wrecked. I heard the exact same scenario about Mabs on the radio, just this weekend, just not sure which show. Anybody else here it, it was about Mabs lost staff and were they wereincompetent with paintwork etc. some women who had been in Mabs since 2008 I think and had paid everything back.

"Wrecked" afraid I have no specific knowledge in this area but I agree with others the cost of the PIP appears very high and I hope both your health and financial problems get resolved.
All the best

Are PIPS etc. regulated? If not they should be. The original lenders might be easier to deal with than these third party PIPS.
Or PIAs or whatever they are called.

Back