Importing Cutflower for Wholesale Distribution

B

Blossoms

Can anyone help me where to get info about importation of cutflowers outside EU?

Any info about wholesale distribution of cutflowers in Ireland is much appreciated.

flowers

Ask any truck driver from Almere.If they don't know than there is nothing to find out.Many of them have a pallet extra for sale that is not accounted for,some are totally working on their own , they get you anything green.Usually fresh and reliable.

Re: flowers

Hi heinbloed,

tut tut, I seem to remember you (correctly) pointing out farmers who are neighbours of yours in Cork when they were engaged in illegal and shady practices.

Starting out in business beware of shady deals and sharp practices.

ajapale

fresh flowers

Not illegal at all,ajapale.By "not accounted for" I - and the Dutch truck drivers as well-mean that for these extra pallets there is no order before they start their journey to Ireland.The extra pallets are meant to be sold on the journey and are legally bought and taxed.The drivers act as sales men working on their own making use of the otherwise empty space on the truck.It is worth it since flowers are cheap in Almere and aren't heavy (on fuel).
No (Dutch) flower haulier would miss the chance.The buyer usually gets a receipt for the book keeping and cheques are accepted.
Once a buyer gets into business a permanent business relation is quite common.And once on the list one can order as much as necessary without waiting for the special offers.

Re: fresh flowers

sorry heinbloed,

Not for the first time you are right and I was wrong! I think Ill be slow to correct you again.

ajapale

a flower for you as well

Never mind,ajapale.There is something called "eec plant passport" that goes with every plant/batch of flowers that are determined for cross border trade within the EU and further as well.The driver caught doing rogue business from the Netherlands without these necessary papers will not be allowed access anymore to Almere-the largest flower trading marketplace in Europe.He would be out of business.Once on the list he / his truck would be checked on every border crossing-if there is a checkpoint.Certainly in Calais.

Once on the list he / his truck would be checked on every bo

Just imagine .............

Camion driver caught red handed by The Calais Pansy Police.

Shades of Oscar Wilde.... Nothing to declare but my narcissi...

How could he ever live it down ?

DD

Back