Importing car from UK & NCT

further more, when u regester it u will need to drive to nct centre so they can enter it on the system, they need VIN etc

Thanks Noah, I am looking at a car which was imported from the UK, was registered this month in Ireland but had an NCT due in 2007 (according to cartell). Is this possible?

If it's only recently registered here then run a HPI check as well - make sure it wasn't a UK write-off.

Why are you looking at a non NCT'd car? The 2nd hand market is flooded at the moment with good NCT'd cars.

Thanks a lot lads. stevec - I'm looking at loads of cars, both nct'd and not, keeping my options wide open.

further more, when u regester it u will need to drive to nct centre so they can enter it on the system, they need VIN etc

You don't need to bring it to the NCT centre, logging the VIN is part of the registration process. Just wait until you have all the paperwork back and book the NCT as normal.

Why are you looking at a non NCT'd car? The 2nd hand market is flooded at the moment with good NCT'd cars.
OP stated they are importing from the UK.
Leo

if you are importing try calling the banks, xe and currency.ie for sterling, it pays to shop around

If you NCT a odd year car this year, the NCT will only last until the month of registration in 2009,
i.e. if you buy a car first registered in Feb 2001 and NCT it now your NCT will only last until Feb 2009 and you will have to re test it again.

Bit of a pain as they charge full amount

Back