Immersion heater - Switches and no hot water

Doudou

Hi guys,

I have some issues with my hot water. I arrived 3 weeks ago ahah
I don't have any hot water.
I have 2 switches: On/Off and Sink/Bath + Timer
I put it on ON + Sink (I tried Bath as well) and the Timer is ON, but I still don't have any hot water....
Do you guys have any advices? :)

Thanks in advance!

It's probably the thermostat(s). Can you check there is actual juice going in and coming out of the switch and timer ? Either way you need a plumber.

Hi guys,
I have some issues with my hot water. I arrived 3 weeks ago ahah
I don't have any hot water.
I have 2 switches: On/Off and Sink/Bath + Timer
I put it on ON + Sink (I tried Bath as well) and the Timer is ON, but I still don't have any hot water....
Do you guys have any advices? :)
Thanks in advance!

Try setting the first switch to "ON". Put the second switch to either Bath or Sink, depending on how much water you might want - and how quickly (Sink is much faster). Then set the timer to "OFF". If it is working you should have hot water in about 20-30 mins on "Sink", or about 60 mins on "Bath".

The Timer is only for use with the timing clock, which you need to set seperately. But check if the immersion is working first by trying the above.

Edit: Set the Timer to "Constant On" .

Last edited:
Sorry Doudou

The Timer should be set to "Constant on" rather than "On". I just checked on my own - an Immermat Flash, if yours is the same.

With the Timer "constant on" and the first electrical switch set to "On" there should be a small red light illuminated on the Timer. If not, it is probably an electrical issue (and possibly the Timer needs replacing). You need an electrician for this (although I have seen self-replacements). If the red light is on and there is still no heating then it is probably the heating element/thermostat in the tank that is gone and you need a plumber.

Last edited:
@Doudou ,
Without more information, as you can see from the above replies, it is pure guesswork.
From timers to switches to thermostats to elements, etc.

We need to know where the electrical supply (if indeed there is one, did you check the fuseboard?) is going to and where it stops.

Rest assured, more than likely, it will be one of the above , but which one?

I guess you can rule a few things out by thinking your way along the path of electricity here. If the clock is spinning or the light is on the timer, then the fuseboard is sending power so no issues there. If the light is on on the ON/OFF/SINK/BATH then the fuse board is fine, the timer is fine, the ON/OFF/SINK/BATH is most likely fine and really then you're looking at the immersion itself where either the element or the thermostat is shot.

Back