I'm rich, I'm rich! Seldom seen AIB dividend cheque

Monbretia

My post just arrived, gave me a good laugh for the day anyway, dividend cheque from AIB for .15c. Wasn't worth posting it and hardly worth the bother of going to the bank to lodge it, it will cost me more in petrol to get there :)

45 cents here too... that said, I haven't seen the cheque come through yet.

You guys are acting irrationally though - I prefer to see this as a return on my investment (this will partly offset any capital gains I've made over the last few years). I'll be holding this investment as part of a long-term strategy to hopefully smooth over any investment volatility and achieve superior returns in time. My annualised loss on investment over the last decade or so is in the region of only 13% I think - not all bad news!
#upbeat

It seems absolutely ludicrous to spend well over a euro to send out a cheque for 15c? How many people are likely to actually lodge it?

It seems absolutely ludicrous to spend well over a euro to send out a cheque for 15c? ....

Just one of the many things still wrong with AIB, I'm afraid....

A little common sense would have saved them a fortune, by encouraging shareholders to register their Bank details for transferring in the dividends or enrolling in some sort of dividend reinvestment plan (or a variation of same, given the government is anxious to start selling shares in the Bank).

It seems absolutely ludicrous to spend well over a euro to send out a cheque for 15c? How many people are likely to actually lodge it?

Given the losses that shareholders have made, there might be a sense of satisfaction in the bank having to pay double for the dividend payment. I know I'll be cashing the bloody thing!

(And yes, the non-Government shareholders will have to cover 0.1% of these additional costs and, ultimately, the taxpayer the balance...)

I note that the government is considering selling its stake in AIB. Sending out dividends (no matter how small) to whet the appetite?

Ah but think of all the lovely stamp duty the government will get for all those cheques, send out a cheque for 15 cents and get 50 cent back in tax.

Maybe if they all lodged it with AIB they'd get their money back in charges.
They're actually geniuses hah!

Bit of a joke really. Costs the banks more to send (postage, stationary, admin) than customer will receive. The bank charge to lodge will be greater than the income. Is this Waterford Whispers banking.

Got a cheque for €0.04 once from Ulster Bank (when they were busy screwing around with my mortgage) - happy days :rolleyes:

I am the well off owner of exactly 1 share of PTSB so refuse to associate with people below my station ;)

Back