Im moving to USA, What happens if i dont pay my credit card debt in ireland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emxsr

In the next few months im moving to usa.
I have a platinum visa from aib with credit limit of 15,000 euros (could possibly ask for an increase too).

This has been going through my head for weeks....

What can they do if i leave Ireland without paying?
They cant enforce credit agreement if i leave the country right?

Also i am an american citizen, will the bank in ireland be able to effect my credit rating in usa?

Thanks,
E.

emxsr said:
Also i am an american citizen, will the bank in ireland be able to effect my credit rating in usa?
You betcha! :rolleyes: Friendliest advice you'll get here is "don't be so stupid".

Just pay your damn bills - Who do you expect to pick up the tab for your spending?

Do you intend coming back here? Surely this is downright fraud if you know you can hike up the limit and then go with the money? The police will be after you at the very least.

emxsr, that would be a very, very selfish thing to do. it is also a bad attitude to have. the police "should" get involved if you do a runner.

Alex.

I suspect that EMXSR is winding us all up and has no intention of absconding

with AIBs money. Perhaps he works for them and is testing us out? Come on tell

us the truth.

Swallows said:
I suspect that EMXSR is winding us all up and has no intention of absconding

with AIBs money. Perhaps he works for them and is testing us out? Come on tell

us the truth.

lol, that did cross my mind a little. he could be serious though. i hope he's not serious mind.

Alex.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been deleted, but anyway:

I want to rob my local bank-has anyone any hints or tips?

Gee, that guys gives americans a bad reputation.

In any case, they can enforce the agreement in the US and while they try they can damage your US score very badley when they hand it over to a US collection agency. It's a complicated process to get foreign debt collected but even if you start the process of disputing the debt it will ruin your score with TU, EX, EQ (the US ICB equivalent) and everything in the US is score drive. Say goodby to cheap US credit cards, cable TV, Power, renting places etc.

Don't even think they can't find you, once you get a US credit card or bank account they find you.

Pay your bills!

CCOVICH said:

No, no, NOOOOO! Robbing banks is so passe! You're thinking too small. START your own bank instead. Then you can rob your customers (by overcharging) with impunity. You can also rob the exchequer blind (by tax evasion) with equal impunity. Perks include obscenely large salaries, pensions, expense accounts to die for. You will also be expected to serve on the boards of other large public companies, picking up some trifling tens of thousands of euros pa for the tiresome inconvenience. For some reason, you will achieve immense social and political respectability and you will be regularly invited to address gatherings of the great and the good in Irish society.

Eventually (say about in 20 years time) you will be called to account at some pesky, small minded tribunal or other. Unfortunately, advancing years will have rendered your memory hazy and unreliable. Sadly, most other witnesses will suffer from the same ailment (must be the aluminium in the water?) so you should emerge without a stain on your character. You will, of course, have established an offshore tax domicile by then so you can safely enjoy the fruits of your crime..... oops....I mean the benefits of your courageous and enlightened entrepreneurial activity.

CCOVICH said:

You would really need to scope it out first.:( Are you planning on doing a smash and grab - run in with a balacalava and imitation firearm hoping to get a couple of grand, or an elaborate pro-job, like the £26million:D Northern bank job?

Does it have to be a bank, what about credit unions, post offices, bookies?:confused:

When you give us more precise details I'm sure we can give you more help:rolleyes:

I agree with all posters who said: Pay your bills

[Start of rant]Given the recent posts, perhaps we need new categories added to the forums. I suggest:
Changing Identity
Avoiding Responsibility
Tax Evasion Tips
also possible:
Reselling Stolen Goods
Money Laundering

[End of rant]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back