Im an Adult get me out of here. (TV last night)

There not in the real world,but they'll marry millionares and live the dream

Calina said:
Uhem, I draw the line at calling a house I rent someone else's homes. I live in the house, it is my home. I may not own it, but that doesn't make it any less my home or any more theirs. They don't live there, ergo, not their home. Usually, they live somewhere else in a house that is their home. Currently I'm not even covering their mortgage.

Calina A Home is a home, no matter whos names are on the deeds, I understand that and didnt mean to upset you with my comments.
But when other people keep making out that owning a house at a young age means you have no life and that we should all be renting and enjoying life, thats what annoys me. You can stil have fun and own a house, its the outlook of people thinking your life ends when you start paying a mortgage!

Howitzer said:
I think there's still a lot of spite and begrudgery in Irish society. The fact that "paying off someone else's mortgage" is almost spat out when said just says it all for me.
Well here's something renters can say to a high percentage of Irish Buy-To-Let investors (who are topping up the rent payments they recieve to the tune of several hundred euro a month so that they can make the mortgage repayment) - "you're paying someone else's rent". ;)

So did everyone see it last night? I think it was better, I think the presenter is excellent - but i find that lady very lucky - I am in the 40k earnings, which means I can't get shared ownership, (My P60 say just under 40k for last year, but i'd say I still won't qualify) I work in Dundalk and most certainly you won't get anything there for under 200K which is my budget. The Presenter made a very valid point, if one is buying now, you have to make sure it a place you want to live if there was a downt-turn.....

TheSphinx said:
The Presenter made a very valid point, if one is buying now, you have to make sure it a place you want to live if there was a downt-turn.....

I thought that was a good point too, she had to consider this house as being a house for the future. OK so some of the houses may have risen in value quicker than the one that she bought but she had more affinity for the place she chose.

Very lucky that she could buy but I supose that is exactly the idea behind the shared ownership scheme. Would she also get money from the Social because she is a single mother? It didn't mention anything about this income if she does.

Back