Illegal Right Turn

bluetoff

If done for an illegal right turn do you get penalty points for this. Of course I would check it out on http://www.penaltypoints.ie (www.penaltypoints.ie) if the site was in working order.

bluetoff said:
If done for an illegal right turn do you get penalty points for this. Of course I would check it out on http://www.penaltypoints.ie (www.penaltypoints.ie) if the site was in working order.

no points for it yet..

could be a fine and/or dangerous/careless driving charge

Hi Guy's.

I was driving along a straight road in a town at 50km .A jeep was planning on doing a u-turn and had pulled in to my left and was reversing his jeep into someones driveway.As the jeep reversed in to the drive the front of the jeep OBVIOUSLY swung out on the road...I braked and the car behind me ran into the back of me.
The guy in the jeep gave me the finger and tore off down the road.
Now I know the guy that ran into the back of me is liable for damage to my car but could I report the driver of the jeep for dangerous driving and leving scene of accident ????

ZEGAR said:
Hi Guy's.

I was driving along a straight road in a town at 50km .A jeep was planning on doing a u-turn and had pulled in to my left and was reversing his jeep into someones driveway.As the jeep reversed in to the drive the front of the jeep OBVIOUSLY swung out on the road...I braked and the car behind me ran into the back of me.
The guy in the jeep gave me the finger and tore off down the road.
Now I know the guy that ran into the back of me is liable for damage to my car but could I report the driver of the jeep for dangerous driving and leving scene of accident ????

yes, there was a case like that down in waterford a few years back ,an eircom van drove out from a side road and caused one car to crash into another....

he was done for teh dangerous driving , and i think 50% of the cost of the accident....

No excuse. You should be in control of your vehicle at all times

Just claim off the guy who hit you , let their insurance worry about recovering funds from the guy in the Jeep.

Back