Illegal removal of children from Haiti

Gulliver1 is a New Yorker born and bred - I have read his profile and he is entitled to his opinion. He likes the US and is ready to defend it so good for him. I absolutely disagree with him on this issue but honest debate is good too.

I cant actually see anywhere that Gulliver1 defended anything. He simply made sweeping subjective statements with nothing to back them up.

Honest debate would imply that someone had some backing for an argument, but to just make generalised subjective statements does not constitute a debate - honest or otherwise.

Two points to note: -

1. The U.S. is the greatest country in the world (in every respect); and
2. As bad as the Dom. Rep. is, it is a hell of a lot better than Haiti.

Argument rested.

How is the above 'debate'? I totally agree with Truthseeker.

If by 'greatest' he means wealthiest and most powerful then he's probably right.

If he means anything else, he's almost certainly wrong by most objective analyses.

I don't think anyone would want to swap their lives in the U.S. to come here.

Well, you did seemingly - unless you were taken against your will?

If by 'greatest' he means wealthiest and most powerful then he's probably right.

He's absolutely correct, China is the greatest and the place to be. The kids and their relatives should be thankful they were going to the greatest country. They might not be able to use google and their facebook pages may have to be tailored and watered down a bit. But China is still the greatest.

I always thought that North Korea is the best place in the world. Sure, according to the regime there, isnt it a piece of heaven on earth? :D

I presume Gulliver is right now preparing to have his own children adopted by someone from the greatest country in the world. He wouldn't be so cruel as to deny them being raised by southern Baptists.

I presume Gulliver is right now preparing to have his own children adopted by someone from the greatest country in the world. He wouldn't be so cruel as to deny them being raised by southern Baptists.

And sure if he is, the Baptists should just come in and take them anyway. The kids will 'count themselves lucky'.

Back