Ill work for free!!

Blossy

Hello all,

As the title states, i am willing to work for free to gain experience, and currently doing a Higher Dip in HR and i need to gain experience, on completion of the course i will be a memeber of CIPD.

i will have the qualifications, but will not have the experience, unfortunatley where i currently work, there is not much of a staff turnover, its a familly run business, and alot of the staff have been here for 20+ years.

I would be offerring to gain experience even filing, and general admin work for a couple of hours on a sat or of an evening during the week.

in the current climate i would think that this shouldnt be a problem, would anyone disagree with this approach,

any suggestions on how i could offer this? what type of letter could i write?

any suggestions would be great

Only problem I see with it is that you are targeting an office job but can only work out of office hours which might make it more difficult.

ya that is def the only shortfall, and i couldnt afford to cut my current job to a 3/4 day week.

ya that is def the only shortfall, and i couldnt afford to cut my current job to a 3/4 day week.

Where are you located ?

I might have a HR project next month, it could be done in the evenings.

PM me your email and I'll contact you, I'm out of the office until next week, so I can't get back to you until then.

only problem I could see is that they might not be able to employ you (might be needed if you are there alot for insurance reasons etc) without paying you something

Maybe a large company in Hospitality or Retail where weekends would be busy for them and they would require HR Staff for check-in, recruitment, or general queries? Try the Hotels and large Department stores, plus they are all so cost conscious they would love the offer of free work!!!

Where would you like to work? Then target relevant companies. I would have thought small to medium businesses would be easier to target.

thank you, ot be honest i am not that pushed in any particular area once i can gain some experience on my CV. great tip on department stores? thank you.

Any recommendations on how to word the cover letter? i think i mite try hotels also? or hospitals? anything with weekend work i suppose? thank you

am located in cork?
job would be in Dublin, so can't help you.

don't bother with large companies, hospitals. these have very strict recruitment policies and don't take on staff easily, even if they are willing to work for free.

You should target recruitment companies:
* these are small companies, easy to contact the person who could ok you working there
* They are hungry and underpressure at the moment, so they would welcome the free work

Offer to answer the phones on a saturday.
Check CVs, update databases, all the backend stuff that can be performed outside of business hours.

Note sometimes it can be harder to get a job where you work for free rather than an actual payed part time job

Drop me your email with your availability and CV as we have HR projects running all the time. We work on global tasks that include the States and the Philippines so you might be in luck with your availability. We are in Cork and a large well known global company and we also have students & work experience in all the time.

Types of tasks we are looking for is TUPE, recruitment

Back