Ikea kitchen installer

Qbot

hi. Does anyone have a recommendation for a kitchen installer for a flat pack ikea kitchen? Am in south Dublin. Any recommendation would be appreciated. Thx

hi. Does anyone have a recommendation for a kitchen installer for a flat pack ikea kitchen? Am in south Dublin. Any recommendation would be appreciated. Thx

I suggest putting an classified ad in a local paper. Or look at the ads in the paper; chances are that there is a foreign/local bloke looking to make a few quid on the side.

I suggest putting an classified ad in a local paper. Or look at the ads in the paper; chances are that there is a foreign/local bloke looking to make a few quid on the side.

I'd see this as the last resort, unless you're not interested in anything other than price. Anyone good will be kept busy with work they get from people who use personel recommendations to find someone, which is what the OP is looking for.

Hi,

I've also got an Ikea kitchen waiting to be fitted so if you find anyone good could you let me know? I'm also in South Dublin.

I've got a few people coming to give me quotes so I'll pass on details if I find anyone good.

g

Last edited:
thats great.. let me know how you get on gnubbit. Also in South Dublin. Wont be getting kitchen till mid-june. Did you hire a van or get it delivered? not too sure what to do!

No problem! I got it delivered and it still worked out quite cheap.

The only thing I'd warn you about with Ikea kitchens is that they might be out of stock of some of the bits and pieces so you might need to go back again. The kitchen packs tend to be small enough to fit in a car boot (except for worktops and other tall things).

My advice is to get the kitchen sorted as soon as you get there; they print you out a list of stuff to pick up yourself and other stuff is 'Full Serve' - it's reserved for you when you pay at the till. If anything is missing, check again at the very end before you leave - I was lucky and a cabinet door had been returned while I was stocking up on loads of stuff I really don't need!

Also, one fitter that came out (who I won't go with as he wanted 2k for a tiny kitchen, no tiling) noticed that unlike other flatpack kitchens, the Ikea doesn't have a small gap at the back for pipes etc to go behind.

Anyway good luck finding someone - I'm aiming to have mine put in in June so I'll post back any progress on the fitter front!

Just remembered there was a recommendation for a fitter called Mohammed (087 2575423) in another thread - he hasn't quoted me yet but it might be worth giving him a shout.

Great info thanks.. think we might hire a van as want to get wardrobes too and utility room aswell as the kitchen. Knocking head against a wall here trying to work kitchen planner, but think we have the kitchen nearly planned. (been looking at it for 4 weeks now!). May I ask what Ikea kitchen you went for in the end? Have heard that about them not having all the stuff the first time you go. If I can get the majority, I will go again in the car - I dont plan on buying all the bits and pieces that go into the presses at this stage.

was expecting to pay about 500-800 euro for the installation.. its not a big kitchen - am I dreaming?

I know the feeling! I went for the Lindingo kitchen - which finish are you going for? We didn't want to go for a dear one as it's in an extension that will be replaced if our finances ever recover :( But this is clean and fresh and can be painted over if we get sick of looking at it. From what I saw, the quality was better than B&Q and Homebase and lots cheaper, esp with Sterling being so cheap. There was some offer on where if you spend a certain amount you get a voucher for kitchen applicances and try as we might we just couldn't spend that much on the kitchen!

I think that sounds a fair enough estimate although I've been quoted more by a lot of people. It seems to be about €40 -50 per cabinet or cutout from the worktop, plus about 200 for plumbing and gas connections if required.

We are going for the antique stain kitchen... Does seem a lot cheaper than other places we have looked. 40 - 50 euro per cabinet sounds expensive to me.. at that rate I would consider doing it myself! The appliances will be bought in Dublin - think its better to do it that way, I don't want to be chasing up to Belfast if something goes wrong with my cooker or dishwasher! Interesting to know how your's goes :)

Re the cash & carry kitchen fitters. As far as I remember, you hire them as such. The shop simply puts you in touch so they may not be liable for sub-standard work. They put in my wardrobes for about €300. I could have and should have done it myself. I'd have a go if you can use a drill and a spirit level. Your local hardware will tell you exactly what wall fixings to use and probably will know someone who will do it for you. €40-50 seems a lot per cabinet. Remember, the bulk of the cabinets sit on the floor. You'll only need to hang 4 or 5 in a medium kitchen.

I'd have a go if you can use a drill and a spirit level. Your local hardware will tell you exactly what wall fixings to use and probably will know someone who will do it for you. €40-50 seems a lot per cabinet. Remember, the bulk of the cabinets sit on the floor. You'll only need to hang 4 or 5 in a medium kitchen.

I don't feel confident enough to have a go myself but so far the quotes I"m getting are about €800 for what I think of as a very small kitchen. I would love to know if anyone can recommend someone cheaper (but competent!).

Just bumping this to see if there are any fitter recommendations for IKEA kitchens.

Went up to IKEA a few weeks ago and were very impressed with the quality and selection

Would like to find a good fitter with experience of IKEA kitchen to fit one before buying though.

Wondering how you got on gnubbit

Hi again.. My Ikea kitchen has just be installed and am delighted with it. We hired a kitchen installer and he did a great job. I can give you his details if you are interested.

It has been mentioned in the past on AAM that Cash and Carry Kitchens and Panelling Centre have lists of installers for kitchens. This route might be worth a try.

I was just about to say that you should NOT go with the Polish installers recommended by the Panelling Centre. We bought our kitchen there a few months ago, these guys came out, gave us a quote and a timeline. They weren't significantly cheaper than others but they took double time (one of three installers was literally learning how to assemble a kitchen) and instead of finishing on Sunday evening, they finished on Wednesday 2am and left loads of saw dust and rubble behind. The kitchen looks alright but there were a few things we wanted done differently.

Bumping this...we're looking for someone to install an Ikea kitchen also.
Qbot could you send me the contact details for person you used and also idea of price? Thanks

We're based in Glasnevin. Can anyone recommend someone please?

J

I am considering going up to have a look at the Ikea kitchens as all the comments on this site have been favourable to date. Have they their full range on show in their Belfast store?

just bought a new flat packed kitchen in b&q in lisburn. it worked out so much cheaper than b&q here and the quality is great. it looks fab! definatly worth the drive for the savings.

Back