IKEA kitchen fitters

valery

I need a new kitchen. I have seen one I like in Ikea. Has anyone any experience of their kitchen fitters or could anyone recommend an independent fitter? I live in Dublin.

I have seen some of their kitchens which were falling apart after a year or two. The covers on the doors were peeling off, not sure if they are called foil wrapped but the steam from cooking had destroyed them.

A kitchen fitter advised me to steer away from Ikea as their sizes are totally different to other companies. If you try to do anything with them at a later stage you can have problems.

The Panelling Centre used to keep a list of recommended fitters so they might be able to help. The only problem with using an independent fitter is that if anything goes wrong you are dealing with an individual rather than a company, just something to bear in mind.

Thanks Sue Ellen for the info about IKEA. I am surprised at the problems with the doors, as IKEA do give a 25 year guarantee.
I take your point about using an independent fitter. I used a tiler once, who was a disaster. His name was on a list given to me by Tilestyle. I will have another look at the companies who supply and fit.

Anyone recommend a reasonable Kitchen Supplier?

Back