Ig.com share dealing account for residents in Ireland closing down...

LoveTrees

So far brexit didn't impact me much but seeing my share dealing account with ig.com moving away because of Brexit is awful... I really loved their platform!!!

I agree.

they moved the spreadbetting platform to a German entity. Obviously it wasn’t worth to do the same for the share platform for non U.K. punters. Last month I had asked IG if they were still going to serve Irish customers and I got a vague answer so I was not totally surprised.

For info I asked Interactive Investor the same question and was told that they would continue serving Irish customers after brexit. The mood music had been good (ie moving Irish punters to U.K. platform in May, they are still taking new accounts from Irish punters). The only concern I have is that they haven’t explained how they are going to it. I don’t see any Irish subsidiary (yet) or maybe they are going to set up a third country branch. So I’ve a niggling feeling we may be dumped.

interactive broker are moving to Lux. So they will continue serving EU customers.

I spoke with customer service. They basically said that there is a (small) chance a Brexit agreement could be found. So my request to move shares is now on hold until 1st Jan...

I have an account with Trading 212, haven't had any communication from them regarding Brexit.

I'm assuming they will continue to service EU clients post Brexit.

I have an account with Trading 212, haven't had any communication from them regarding Brexit.

I'm assuming they will continue to service EU clients post Brexit.
Check which entity your account is with. They've a UK and a Bulgarian entity. Most likely that their non-UK clients are served from the Bulgarian entity, but I haven't checked.

Back