If you had a choice to live 1hr from Dublin - Where would it be?

Sandyford Industrial Estate

sorry, it has been duplicated

Last edited:
Hi
Was going to suggest Skerries but see you have discounted it. Move here from city centre ish some years ago, has a lot to offer in terms of facilities, schools, sports, water, beaches, bars and restaurants etc. 45 mins on average to town on the train, which has a reasonable service, 20 min drive non peak times. Not sure why you think it is too windy - can be if you live on the beach, but not really if you live around the town!

Clane

Clane is a pretty little village with good schools GAA a Lidl & Aldi also a Supervalue and Tesco Is only 10 mins drive away in Naas. Nice walks along the river and 25mins from Liffey Valley and Newbridge.

clonee/dunboyne.
you have plenty of housing estates in this area.dunboyne rail line goes into docklands/tara st.new m3 motorway lets you get to dublin city in 20 mins.plenty of secondary/primary schools in this area.lidl and aldi both open in clonee village with dunnes stores in ongar also.national aquatic centre, westmanstown gym, westpoint gym all in a 5 mile radius.plenty of sports clubs in the area to join and lovely place to bring up children.i hope that helps.....

Stay northside, better value in houses and think of the Airport. It may not be top of your agenda right now but kids do grow up. It's a pain from southside to the Airport

Balbriggan ticks all the boxes. Full amenities - schools, shops, beach, parks , transport links, beside motorway so can get most places relatively quickly eg airport, choice of restaurants, cafes, newsagents, fast food take aways, pubs, a nightclub, cinema, I could keep going! Great place to live and you have best of both worlds in terms of proximity to amenities and also being by the sea, parks etc. Also great value in houses out here at the moment

Stay northside, better value in houses and think of the Airport. It may not be top of your agenda right now but kids do grow up. It's a pain from southside to the Airport

Not really it is only 25-30 mins along the M50 unless you are going up North every other main road is South of the Toll Bridge on the M50

Same problem

Hi
I have the same problem. My wife and my son (5) are moving to Dublin and want the same things _community schools sea not massive commute. Just wondering how you got on. Malahide looks good but very expensivany advice?

The shoe is on the other foot for me. We moved to Wexford when we had 4, 3, 1 and no 4 on the way. Stayed 4 years swearing off Dublin for life, after 4 years I couldn't wait to get back, delighted we did it and the kids had the country life, village life, by the sea etc but if I had to stay I'd have been very unhappy. Pace of life is too slow, secondary education is limited, driving in the dark seemed constant and generally you are always the outsider. Give me traffic, anonymity and streetlights any day!

Hi just wanted an update thread on Ratoath area to live in. Are there good schools what the area like to live in etc. Lev

Hi just wanted an update thread on Ratoath area to live in. Are there good schools what the area like to live in etc. Lev

Might be an idea to start a new thread on that one, it might catch the attention of more people with a knowledge of that area.

Back