If you can't see images when you are not logged in...

Foobar

Only see a thumbnail when not logged-in. When I click on the thumbnail it prompts me to log in to see the picture. Really annoying, as sometimes I don't want to log in if I'm on a shared computer etc.

I see fresh donuts and am logged in. Most sites do not allow you view images unless you are registered and logged in, thats the way it should be.

Most sites do not allow you view images unless you are registered and logged in, thats the way it should be.

Hi Nordkapp

Why is this?

I can't see any downside to it.

We have few images, so it's not using bandwidth (which isn't an issue anyway.)

None of the issues are copyright - so again, no problem.

Unregistered users can't post, but why not let them see images?

Brendan

Hi Nordkapp

Why is this?

I can't see any downside to it.

We have few images, so it's not using bandwidth (which isn't an issue anyway.)

None of the issues are copyright - so again, no problem.

Unregistered users can't post, but why not let them see images?

Brendan
Not sure Brendan, maybe it is for tracking purposes or to get people to register thereby increasing legitimate posters/members.

I do know motorhomefun.co.uk have this policy but they charge an annual membership fee of £15. I cannot view any images as I am not currently a paid up member.

As we are not a commercial site and don't do any tracking, I have changed the permissions to allow unregistered users to see images.

I had to do it on a forum by forum basis and it was a bit fiddly. If you find a forum on which you can't see the images, please respond to this thread and I will fix it.

Brendan

Back