Ideas for a week break in the sun in Feb ?

beekeeper

Hi,

Anyone have any ideas for a weeks break in the sunshine in Feb... preferably not too expensive, nice beaches and chiled out atmosphere. Myself and girlfriend travelling both in early 30s.

The Algarve should be sunny but might be a bit cool; the Canary Islands would be pretty much guaranteed warm sunshine unless you are really unlucky.

Need to book a weekend in Kildare for family and grandchildren does anyone know of a reasonable hotel there for a two nights.

joody1

Dubai... weather will probably be around 25-30 degrees. Try Jumeirah beach area for hotels. Hilton have a sale at the moment with many rooms at half price.

Search this site for more info..

Dubai... weather will probably be around 25-30 degrees. Try Jumeirah beach area for hotels. Hilton have a sale at the moment with many rooms at half price.

Search this site for more info..

Thx Armada. can you please attach site

If you want to splash cash then you can't beat California temp of 16c in Feb, sunshine, nice beaches, very relaxed.

I actually meant this site, askaboutmoney. There has been several threads relating to Dubai Hotels etc.. .

Emirate airlines are showing good prices at the moment for Dubai via UK. The sterling rate is helping:)

There is a Hilton in Jumeriah which I believe is excellent.

Oman is another great destination. Hilton in Muscat is showing 73 euro per room per night for a lot of nights in February and early March.

Last edited:
... a weeks break in the sunshine in Feb... preferably not too expensive ...
Avoid the week from Saturday 7th February as it is school half term. Not only do prices rocket, but hotels have a much higher rate of occupation than otherwise, so your holiday is also less peaceful than it might otherwise be!

You might find a cheap hotel room amazed if you do. A friend has just retuned before Christmas from a five day break in Dubai (she is not afraid to splash the cash) but she came home shell shocked at the cost of things there she brought 1000k as petty cash used her credit card for eating out and big purchases she came home having spend every penny doesnt know what it went on (things like cups of coffee and 10euro glass of cheap wine). So if you looking for a cheap holiday I'd give that one a miss.

I did Dubai last February and it was perfect, weather was 25 to 30 so fairly comfortable.

I did the Le Royal Medrian for 4 nights, its a great beach resort and great for chilling out by the pool supping cocktails. I followed that by staying in the Dar Al Massif in the Jummeria resort that I got at less than half price for a further 4 nights.

It was fairly pricey but we ate out carefully (local resteraunts €30 for a 4 course meal for two without wine) and stocked up on duty free at Dubai airport and drank that so we didnt break the bank.

I flew by KLM and the flight for 2 was €734.

I, too have stayed in Le Royal Meridien and in Mina A Salam (Madinat) and both times felt we got really good value. Okay there are some over the top restaurants, these you will find in every country- but certainly as krissovo has already said €30 will get you a nice meal.

I also have done the Canaries in recent times and found the quality, service and value for money was far inferior to Dubai!

there is NOWHERE with guaranteed sunshine within five hours of Dublin. Canaries can be O.K. but can be cool,wet and windy. The Med can be very chilly -the East Med,especially, has lowest temperatures end Jan/early Feb.
The Red Sea resorts of Egypt are your nearest safe (ish) bet. Dubai also (if you like shopping and building works). mind you, I'd wait to see how the Gaza thing pans out before booking a Mid-East trip.
if you've got two weeks its got to be India/ South Africa.

Back