Idea for hen night in August

pinkyBear

Hi all,
My friend has just anounced her wedding date - due to circumstances the hen night will be in Dublin.

Does anyone have ideas on what doing something different for a hen party in town...

Many thanks
P:)

I dont know where you are located but I liked Kilkenny when I went there and it was roughly an hour away from Heuston Station in Dublin on the train.

It's a nice tidy nice looking little town, has a nice castle, has got a lot of Irish ladies there on hen parties and is similar to Temple Bar except I would think a bit classier (if people drunk off their faces can be categorised as such) with no English stag parties so less trouble .

One point to note: they might have changed the closing times since I was there last (last September) as another poster posted something about this. I dont know if this is true or not :confused:

Pity Kilkenny is not in Dublin?

Its my response to a request for 'somewhere different' and its very close to Dublin,
Getting to Heuston Station from Shankill or the other side of the city might be stressful enough depending on location. However it can often take just as long as the train journey to get into the city centre in the first place if you are from somewhere like Tallaght for example.

"tidy nice looking little town"

Isn't Kilkenny a City !!!!!

[broken link removed]

This passed by me when i was out on Friday night and I thought that it looked like a good idea for a hen party

A friend of mine recently organised a hen party through www.poshfizz.ie* They have some fantastic ideas for unique hen nights and will do all the organising for you. Just give them your budget and they'll work around it.

*I am not associated to poshfizz in any way.

A friend of mine organised a hen recently - They had dinner in Odessa (plenty of cocktails) spent an hour or so in the pool hall on Camden st and then headed to the Gaiety to dance the night away (there's a selection of DH's and bands there) not too out of the ordainary but they really enjoyed it.

How about going to something like this [broken link removed]

or the laughter lounge on the quays? or one of the karoke bars in town

I'll be organising my friends Hen in january and I think it's just going to be cocktails and a Karoke Machine at home and then on to a cheesy night club.

[broken link removed]

Just to answer my own thread - but others may find it useful -
ONe of the girs came across this:)

Just had my friends hen night in Tonic (Blackrock). Brillant restaurant & bar, dj plays upstairs Friday & Saturday nights. The reserved a table in restaurant and upstairs, which we decorated them both. Check it out www.tonic.ie and for hen night accessories and games [broken link removed]

Have a great night, we did.

Back