ICC Cricket World Cup 2011

DB74

Anyone following this tournament?

I see England could be in trouble against the mighty Netherlands in their opener

Netherlands reached 292/6 from their 50 overs -England to bat after lunch

Been watching some of the matches so far, watching the England match now and they are really struggling, and the run rate target is ever increasing. This could be a big upset!! Will have to watch the highlghts of the Irish match Fri night somewhere - See if the Blarney Army manage to replicate some of the 2007 party atmosphere!!

Heard the other day that future World Cups will only have the top10 test teams which means the likes of Ireland and the Netherlands wont qualify unless one of them manages to knock Zimbabwe off that 10th position which is very unliklely.

What a performance by Ireland! Bangladesh bowled out for 205. A very reachable target for Ireland. Can they do it? Its going to be nervewrecking!

If we can manage the spinners and don't lose a wicket in the 1st 10 overs then we have a great shout of winning this.

Rankin's bowling was poor with 62 runs from 9 overs. Don't know why Botha didn't get to bowl 10 overs. Could have saved up to maybe 10 runs which could be crucial in a couple of hours time.

I think Porterfield, Stirling and Joyce on their day could easily reach 205 between them, but it all depends on as DB74 says, the start and those tricky spinners. I have been reading the BBC commentary on the match and George Dockrell has been mentioned as having bowled very well and 23 runs from 10overs is a fantastic achievment, also picked up two wickets. He's only 18!! and wait til you see, England will be all over him in no time!! Pity

Joyce & Niall O'Brien have steadied the ship for the moment anyway

Ireland are 1/2 on Betfair which is a good sign

I think this could be over pretty quick, Niall O'Brien has just gone for 38, we are into our bowlers now. Botha can knock a few, so can Mooney and Johnston but I dont have much faith. Wonder what the odds are now?

I think this could be over pretty quick, Niall O'Brien has just gone for 38, we are into our bowlers now. Botha can knock a few, so can Mooney and Johnston but I dont have much faith. Wonder what the odds are now?
From today's Irish Times:
Madam, – I see that Johnston, Mooney and O’Brien are again playing cricket for Ireland (Sport, February 25th). Does this make them the greatest thing since sliced bread? – Yours, etc,
GRAEME GUTHRIE,
Cross,
Kilmeena,
Westport, Co Mayo.

I think I would rather cut my gonads off with a rusty nail than pander to this West Brit rubbish.

There's no difference at all in following Cricket and following English football teams(Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds - all well supported here in Ireland) or supporting Rugby(an English sport) or cheering on English Darts players when they play here in Ireland or on TV. This WestBrit thing is typical of those who throw on an English football jersey every day and never think about it.

I'd support an Irish team in any sport, and would give more support to those sports I have an understand and liking of.

Back