ICB and Credit Union Loans

whackin

I applied for a CU load recently and didn't sign the aspect of it relating to the Irish Credit bureau thereby disallowing them to check my credit history.

All other aspects of my application are very good (i.e. permanent job 60K a year, no other loans and outgoings).

Will this negatively affect my application?

I applied for a CU load recently and didn't sign the aspect of it relating to the Irish Credit bureau thereby disallowing them to check my credit history.

All other aspects of my application are very good (i.e. permanent job 60K a year, no other loans and outgoings).

Will this negatively affect my application?

It may do. Only the CU can answer you. Lending is at their discretion, so if you haven't provided all the information they ask for, they may very well refuse to lend until you do.

Why didnt you sign that part when your salary etc.. are all OK? Did you have a credit history issue in the past?

They could refuse you the loan if you didn't sign it, I would contact them and find out.

they wont tell you that you are refused because you did not sign the consent to allow them check with the ICB but it will make them suspicious that you have something to hide and eventhough you you might already have a good record with them, they might not be willing to take a chance this time. When you think of it though, if you dont have anything to hide why not sign the consent form?

Back