Key Post I worked in the UK but moved to the US directly afterwards

Roundhill89

I lived in the UK from September 1978 until September 1986, when I left the UK I went to the U.S. for approx 10 years, then back to Ireland and started working full time in October 1997. Does the fact that I left the UK and went to the US scupper my chances of being eligible, seems one has to have maybe returned to Ireland or some other EU country to be eligible? Any thoughts? Many thanks.

I lived in the UK from September 1978 until September 1986, when I left the UK I went to the U.S. for approx 10 years, then back to Ireland and started working full time in October 1997. Does the fact that I left the UK and went to the US scupper my chances of being eligible, seems one has to have maybe returned to Ireland or some other EU country to be eligible? Any thoughts? Many thanks.
As per Key post

Complete the CF83 form and see what comes back; the worst they can do is say no & you always have the right of appeal.

Roundhill, I went from UK to Africa, lived there for 20 years before coming to Ireland and working here. I was able to buy back years. I don't see why US would be worse. Fill out the form...

As per Key post

Complete the CF83 form and see what comes back; the worst they can do is say no & you always have the right of appeal.
Thank you. I will do that for sure. I’ve started the process and clobbering together all the info and extra details required.

Back