I work two jobs and I have gotten myself all confused as to what tax I am paying.

oreilly21

hi
i am currently working two jobs and i have gotten myself all confused as to what tax i am paying. my primary job has not changed on the tax front at all but my part time job i am paying about 50% tax, i am sure this is too much to be paying, does anyone have any similar problems??

Re: Double Jobing

Ring the tax office - they'll tell you exactly how much you will come out with from both jobs at the end of each month and will adjust your tax credits accordingly. I was doing this a few years ago and found that it just was not worth it for the extra few bob.

thanx

i think i might have to jack it in all together... still it keeps me off the streets on a saturdday night!!!

but my part time job i am paying about 50% tax

If you've enough income to reach the higher tax rate, than yes, PAYE and PRSI comes to about 48% on any additional income.

Does a PAYE worker who also has non PAYE income from a sideline self employment pay 4% PRSI plus 2% health levy on such income or just 5% self employed PRSI?

Does a PAYE worker who also has non PAYE income from a sideline self employment pay 4% PRSI plus 2% health levy on such income or just 5% self employed PRSI?

My 2c worth is No. Self employed PRSI @5% for any portion of total income that is not taxed under Schedule E

Apparently the levies should always have been paid on the non PAYE income, Revenue just didnt collect it as they would have been taxing themselves,

By automating the processes, they have been picking up this income for those that actually file a tax return.

By a slight glitch, over a million PAYE people dont file tax return.

By a slight glitch, over a million PAYE people dont file tax return.
What do you mean by this? I haven't filed a P12 tax return in probably decades now but do keep my tax affairs up to date by simply writing to Revenue there are changes to my circumstances that affect my tax sitaution and having them update their records. One the other hand, as I mentioned elsewhere recently, I also had P21 balancing statements for 2002-2004 and ended up getting nearly €3K back! There is no onus on PAYE workers to file returns annually as far as I know.

Back