I want to quit my job

I{U}Ireland

I am working in Ireland since 2006 in the same company (IT sector). recently (as in the last 6 months) the company changed the direction and now they are working on things that I am not very interested in and will not add a lot into my experience. So the job become very boring, stress full, and not adding anything to me...

I am thinking to quit and look for another job. I never got any thing from social welfare...

I understand that if I am quit the job then I would not get anything. is this the case? is there anything I can do to change that? I already started searching for job but I just want to give my notice for my current employer and I am worry if I did not find a good job soon then I will end up with nothing...

any advice please?

I assume the company changed direction for the benifit of the "company". I dont mean to be condesending, but you make it sound as if the company should be run to fit your needs.. In todays market, survival is everything. Roll with it, or do the company a favour and roll out.

If you leave your job without good reason (and to be honest, being bored may not be seen as a good reason), you will be disqualified from receiving Jobseeker's payments for up to 9 weeks.

Hello,

To be very honest, I think you would be absolutely crazy to even consider quitting your job, without another job to go to.

You say your bored, it's stressful .... well if they are the only problems you have with your job, then consider yourself reasonably lucky (given you have a job etc) :)

I believe in the old saying, it's easier to get a job when you have a job - why not start applying for jobs that interest you and when you secure one, then resign from the job your in (I imagine you only have to give 1-month's notice) ?

Regards

Mr. Earl.

I Agree with MrEarl.

You would be very unwise in the current climate to give up your job without having another job to go to.

Thanks for the advice everyone...

It is not only the boring factor...but it is also the fact that it is not adding to my experience ...in this sector (IT\Programming) it is important to keep up with technology

There is a huge demand for developers at the moment, just look for a new job in the area that interests you. Don't hand in your notice until you get a new job. If you're any good you should be able to land a new job in a couople of weeks.

Back