I want to buy a rangemaster

MsPBL

I'm planning on investing in a Rangemaster or similar stove for my new build. Which is better Dual fuel or electric? I won't have piped gas on site.
I'd appreciate any opinion and/or advice. Thanks

Re: I want to by a rangemaster

Hi,

Would there be anything useful in these previous threads? When you refer to dual do you mean oil and Rangemaster?

Re: I want to by a rangemaster

Which cooking method do you prefer?

Personally I like a gas hob, and an electric fan oven. If you like gas, you can get large gas bottles if you have no gas on site.

Hi,
We got a Rangemaster Class 110 - , was about 2500 euros at the time. We went for the all electric with ceramic Hob. I have to say it is the fantastic

I know that most people prefer Gas or dual fuel for cooking, but we have and no problem and the Missus loves it (proably more than me:)

It looks great as well and is real easy to clean

(I know Stoves have a similar range out now, they weren't available when we where looking)

Hope that helps
B

We had a dula fuel and thought it was great. Quick with the gas and just had large red bottle. Going to buy a rangemaster with dual fuel for new house. Was looking at buying off the internet but was told to beware. in ireland any new gas cookers must have a gas safety device that will not let the gas go if it is not lit. This law seemingly is not enforced in the UK. I

We bought a new rangemaster 110 for our house two years ago this September. We have dual fuel and its great, gas is much faster and controlable for cooking and the ovens are great on electricity.

We got our local centra shop who suplies gas as well to deliver two tall bottles of gas and our plumber had put a thing outside so that we could hook up both bottles at once and when one went the other kicks in. I think we paid about 150 euros for gas but this included deposit for large bottles, anyway we only went on second bottle a few months back and its in nearly two years which is amazing as I do a lot of cooking etc. The gas bottles etc is not half the hassle I thought it would be. We just phone the gas guy and he will deliver a new bottle.

Good luck
P.s when the electricity goes at least we can still cook and boil water etc because of the gas!

Last edited:
Hi all, Sorry it took so long to reply as I was on holidays. Thank you all for the sound advice. I will be going for the dual fuel Classic 110 in the January sales as house not built yet. Finbarr, thanks for the peace of mind on the gas bottles out the back, sounds very economical, hassle free and most importantly safe!
Thanks again to all of you.
P.

Hi,

don't forget to check out trade-appliances.co.uk.

just got a 110 professional from the UK all electric & hood & double undermount sink & taps and saved about 1600 euro.

there are threads on gas and a anit-going-out-flame device thingy

check them out anyhow.

K

Back