I want to be in Financial services

G

Gemma

Hi

I am keen to get into the financial services workforce. Could anyone suggest how the best way of doing this? I am currently working in Office Administration and have a business studies diploma. Is there any extra qualifications that I need?

Your comments appriciated

Gemma

Financial Services

Hi Gemma,

You should probably do the Life Insurance Association(LIA) Foundation Course. It's pretty basic and the test paper is of the multiple choice nature. It costs €165. Having this on your CV will not do you any harm.

Go for a job in admin

Gemma,

You might wish to consider applying for a job in admnistration with a life assurance company. The company would facilitate you studying the LIA exams.

The admin depts. in most of these companies are so packed full of dullards and nitwits that anyone with the slightest bit of imagination or drive will very quickly be spotted and promoted.

Bernard

Financial Services

Gemma

There is a FAS Financial Advisors Assistant Course run in conjunction with one of the broker representative bodies.

Have you nay idea as to what level you hoped to go in at?

RE: Financial Services

Hi everyone

thanks for your replys. I have no experience in this field so I would expect be entering at a junior level.
The courses sound intresting, but as I am a new home owner I must continue to work full-time, so are these courses run on a part-time basis (in Waterford)? I couldn't find a lot of info on the internet.

Thanks a lot for your advise!

LIA course

Gemma

You do the LIA Foundation and subsequent exams in your own time at home.

Gemma, as far as I'm aware, the FAS Financial advider's assistant trainee course is no longer being held due to it's extreme high costs to run, my best advice to you would be to find a job in a financial services company as sales support as you need no experience but the company will pay for you to do you QFA which you study for at home in you're own time and also the company should give you paid study leave near to the exams. As the company sees you grow and progress with you're studies they should ask you to join the consultancy side

Back