"I realise that I made a mistake, can I change the value of my home for LPT?"

Thanks two for 1

How to correct a property under-valuation​

You can revise your property valuation upwards through the online Correct Return service, using your existing login details for myAccount, Revenue Online Service or the LPT online service.

Your revised valuation should reflect the market value of your property as at 1 November 2021. You do not need to revise your valuation if you think your property has increased in value since 1 November 2021. Your valuation on that date determines the amount of LPT you pay each year during the valuation period from 2022 to 2025.

If you revise your property valuation, as at 1 November 2021, upwards at a later date, your revised valuation will apply to all years in the valuation period. Any additional LPT charge due may be subject to interest.

How to correct a property over-valuation​

If you determine that you have previously over valued your property you should contact the LPT Branch in Revenue and request an amendment to your original valuation as at 1 November 2021.

Your revised valuation should reflect the market value of your property as at 1 November 2021. Events or developments after 1 November 2021 cannot retrospectively affect this valuation. For example, you should not revise your valuation if you think your property has decreased in value since 1 November 2021, due to a subsequent general decrease in property prices.

You should include the following information in your request to Revenue to amend your property valuation as at 1 November 2021:

• how the original over-valuation arose
  • confirmation of the revised valuation band that you have self-assessed
  • documents to support the revised valuation band, to include at least one of the following:
    • details of sales of similar properties in your immediate area, for example, from the the[broken link removed] or property sales websites such as daft.ie and myhome.ie
    • a professional valuation
    • house price surveys in your immediate area.
You may also provide photographs of the property which clearly indicate the features that influence a lower valuation than the original valuation you submitted in your LPT Return.

All documents you supply should reflect the valuation date of 1 November 2021.

Back