I presume this is one of those car scam email?

gocall01

I have a car for sale on cbg.ie and carzone.ie
I presume this is one of those scam email?

Comments: Hello seller,
I'm alan by name ,I came across your contact details through web directory concerning the car you have for sale and im highly interested in purchasing it .I will like to know all the details about the car before proceeding with the payment.....

1. How long have you owned it?

2. Why are you selling it?

3. Last Price?

, if it's still for sale. Hope to hear from you asap.
Regards.
alan4D

-----------------------------------------
This e-mail is sent on behalf of Trader Media Group Limited,
registered office: Unit 6, Thatcham Business Village, Colthrop
Lane, Thatcham, Berkshire RG19 4LW (Registered in England No.
4768833). This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and may be legally privileged, and intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If
you have received this email in error please notify the sender.
This email message has been swept for the presence of computer
viruses. [broken link removed]

Last edited:
OP, can you edit your post to remove the hot-links (blue text underlined) and personal details of the sender.

Definately a scam. When I was selling my son's car, I got roughly 5 emails like this from England. Took me a while to cop on (too anxious to sell)

Why not answer it without giving any personal info ........ at least for the crack !!

Why would someone buy and Irish car when they are cheaper in the UK and theres vastly more choice of better spec'ed cars. Answer, they wouldn't.

Well, I responed and got this reply:
100% scam as described in threads on this and other notice boards.

Thanks for your swift response .......

Your asking price €9000 is okey with me....

I would have love to come over to your location to view the item but i can not come at the moment due to the nature of my work as present. .

I have about two of my clients who has interest in the item one of them had responded very positively and and he's ready to send payment ..

I have added my Commission and Shipping charges to your asking price, Any amount that is above your asking price on the payment would be transfer to me for the shipping charges and my commission.

I understand that the payment will clear first before arranging for the pick-up and shipment of the item ..

kindly provide me with the following details as below so that i will instruct my client to mailed the payment to you and i will also forward your address to the shipping firm, so as to contact you for the shipment as soon as the payment clears from your bank..

PAYMENT INFORMATION:

1). Your Full Name.......which you want on the cheque?

(2).. Your Full Address.......where the cheque will be send to?

(3).. Your Mobile & Home Phone#.....so to ring you on should be incase i dont access my computer?

As soon as i receive this details, i will ensure that you receive payment in 2-3 working days. I want you to understand that any profit i make from this transaction is how i use to earn a living.

regards
Alan

I also got a similar responce from from "Alan" to an advert. I sent an e-mail back saying I forgot to mention the car was burning oil and was making some funny noises when started , and dosent look to bad after the crash repairs and was he still interested. He said that was a minor problem and to SEND the detail requested. Kept it going untill he gave up replying.

Alan

Can you also include
credit card details
bank details
mothere maiden name
and sure blood type for luck.

In fairness these guys are only doing because they are more than likely catching people out.

If it looks to good to be true it is.

Good luck selling the car to a legit buyer.

I put two old bikes in the Buy and Sell - free to take away. I got mails from a guy in the UK saying a courier would collect them and how much was I looking for and details so his dad could pay me. Told him the bikes were free - still interested. Definitely a scam.

Back