I-Phone

mohainle

Dear all,

I've searched through all previous threads re the i-phone but none seen to answer my questions. I can get an i-phone which is unblocked from a friend abroad. However, I have heard that the phone may block itself on return here. I have a bill phone with Meteor and the billing options suit me fine. If I swapped SIMs would I still be able to use the phone and register with I-Tunes to download Apps, music etc.?

If you have any expereince with this I would most appreciate your advice.
Regards,
Mohainle

Did you do a search for "iPhone" as distinct from "i-Phone" or "iTunes" vs "i-Tunes"?

No, You can't put a meteor sim in an iphone as it is exclusive to 02.

Oops..hang on, I found this..
http://www.kenbenoit.net/?p=21
If its unlocked it will work on Meteor Ireland..
But..itunes and youtube won't work on it..Read the link.

Last edited:
This was a very informative blog. Many thanks. So it looks like it will work. Pity that one can't connect to itunes also as this is a great function.

I have a jailbroken iPhone and I can access all the same apps as an o2 version (inc you tube and itunes). I've never had an issue connecting to these. I had it running on Vodafone, but recently had to move across to o2 for work (they pay the bill)

I have a jailbroken iPhone and I can access all the same apps as an o2 version (inc you tube and itunes). I've never had an issue connecting to these. I had it running on Vodafone, but recently had to move across to o2 for work (they pay the bill)
That's handy to know, thanks. The OP was inquiring about Meteor network.

That's very good to know Bruce! I would want to be able to connect to my itunes acc. etc. for downloading tunes etc. Have you synced your phone with your i-tunes acc. or do you access your acc. via wi-fi?
Thanks,
M

yep you can connect to iTunes and sync your phone...the only issue is do not update your phone with the latest software from itunes, as this is only for unjailbroken phones....every so often apple will release an update, iTunes will ask you f you want to update, just say no....usually a few days later a jailbroken version of the update is released and you just apply that (but not through iTunes).

I use my non jailbroken iphone running latest software (3.01) and I'm with meteor, have no problems using it with itunes. Was bought handset only from italy, where phones cannot be sold with a sim restriction

Back