I Paid for Oil -- Oil Company says not

smurf

I would value your thoughts

Oil Delivered Dec 2013
I Paid in Cash Jan/Feb (mislaid receipt)
Invoiced to Pay Oil
Said I paid the 750 oil & 50 (burner maintenance) -- I cant prove

Is it for me to prove I paid or them to prove I haven't paid?

Some history
Small local oil company
In 2011 I got Oil paid for it, and invoice sent out (in error - crap systems) I was able to show I paid for it. From then to now always paid by card as their back office is very inefficient - Until this time, unfortunately.
I get all all road diesel and oil approx 2,500 per year = 25000 over past 12 years
eg if get 50 in diesel I don't ask for receipt jut pay, but no till utilised to record.

thoughts welcomed

If they gave you a receipt don't they have a carbon copy or numbered receipt book, they should look back to that date.

Bronte, they don't use a carbon copy

What happens is the customer come in with the deliver document, customers pays and "paid" is wrote by the counter person on the deliver document. No note is made as far as I can see re tying up the ends. The back office systems are poor.

Presume you are you talking to the owner, not the "counter person" and have explained the previous issue. Sounds like a recurring problem.

Did you withdraw a similar amount from your ATM that day to pay it ? If so, maybe show them a copy of your statement.

Back