I know it's against the Posting Guidelines but this looks like a good buy to me...

Brendan Burgess

Founder
C&C
Matthew Clark Bibendum – building a downstream moat
The acquisition of Matthew Clark Bibendum (MCB) materially enhances C&C’s position across the UK drinks supply chain – offering a scale route-to-market for suppliers and a composite solution for customers. The growing trend of fragmentation in consumption and supply plays to MCB’s model attributes. With C&C having assiduously followed the restructuring playbook, MCB now embarks on a credible growth roadmap where model and cost optimisation, owned brand synergies and digital capabilities represent key value levers

Well it's a very convincing research note anyway, such rigorous in depth financial analysis.

I think your subject is a little irresponsible though, "looks like" might put the unwary off this golden opportunity for synergistic value leverage.

My buzzword bingo card is full already!! More of the same crapola from Davy's in today's Indo on the deal:

"The acquisition of Matthew Clark Bibendum (MCB) materially enhances C&C's position across the UK drinks supply chain," noted Davy in a report.

It added: "The MCB acquisition marks an important step in the strategic evolution of the group and one that solidifies C&C's branded wholesale model. Fundamentally, MCB enhances the defensibility of C&C's business model and delivers both tangible and intangible synergistic benefits to the broader group and its stakeholders."

Last edited:
Ok I don't know if you are for real here or not. I haven't read the article yet.

A manufacturer taking control of the distribution seems sensible, the might keep the other manufacturers out of the marketplace, (to the extent permitted by law obviously).

A tendency to verbosity and jargon, doesn't mean its not a good business.

There is no mention of price. Nothing is a good buy if we don't know what it costs.

Having read the Indo report (the Davy report is behind a paywall) I am no wiser. Davy believes, the Indo reports, that C&C got it cheap, with support from AB InBev.

Is the value of this wonderful deal reflected in Davy's share price ? The C&C share price has performed well over recent months, but no dramatic change recently.

Will AB InBev get the cream ?

Back