I have been approved for btea, what happens next year???

Mumtoe&e

Well, I am over the moon and back, as I have been approved for back to education allowance - but now I am wondering what happens next year, when I am in year 2 of college??

I was under the impression that I get it for the duration of my course (apart from during the summer months) and then come sept I go straight back on btea, but a girl in college says otherwise

I had exhausted my JSB, so therefore will not be entitled to that for the summer months, i will not be eligible for JSA as husbands earnings, do if I am not in receipt of social welfare during next summer months, does this mean I will not go back on BTEA next year??

This from the SW guidelines:

"BTEA participants who are progressing to the next year of their course or who are progressing in second level or third level undergraduate qualifications will have their BTEA reinstated from the commencement of the new academic year irrespective of whether they were in receipt of an unemployment payment for the summer period. All participants must supply written confirmation from school/college/institute that they have registered as a full-time day student for the new academic year."

Back