I have a N95 and thinking of upgrading to a N97.

!RAY

Hi
I have a N95 and thinking of upgrading to a N97.
Has anybody already done this and how did you find new phone
Thanks
!RAY

I would say go for the Nokia N900 (which looks very similar to the N97 but is a far better beast). That's what I did and the N900 is a dream. Though bulky - same as N97 mini.

There are still issues with MMS being sorted out as the N900 is an "internet tablet" with a "phone application". But the device is capable of far more than the N97 ever will be.

You should really look at discussions on the N97 and N97 mini (which is better) on boards.ie

I had Nokias aways. Had N95... was ok and ahead of its time for then. Moved to N96 nightmare phone, Moved to N97 double nightmare when all my mates got iPhones. Finally in desperation and not wanting to become part of the iphone mob I defected from Nokia and got a HTC Hero. I am a new man. HTC as good as iPhone (better in some respects) and I am gone forever from Nokia who IMO have lost the plot completely in the last few years

Went to N97 mini quite liked it - touch screen stopped working - have been waiting a month for it to be fixed!!!

I was looking at the same upgrade, but Nokia seems to be way behind the current level of technology. In the end I went for a HTC Desire and its great - knocks the socks off Symbian based phones.

You could check out the Nokia N8 whuch is due to be released shortly

IFinally in desperation and not wanting to become part of the iphone mob I defected from Nokia and got a HTC Hero. I am a new man. HTC as good as iPhone (better in some respects)

I had the HTC Tattoo and hated it. Had problems with it after one month and had to get it replaced after two failed repairs. Kept it for three months and finally sold it to envirfone just to get something back for it!! Don't have the N97 but know someone who has and isn't overly impressed with it (they were given it as a gift and happy that they hadn't spent up to €400 on it!!) although I personally like Nokia phones. I have an iphone and have to admit it's the best phone I've ever owned.

Back