1) Existing tracker margin
. (This is set in your mortgage contract.)
2) If you have an additional mortgage on the same property, what is the rate?
3) Amount outstanding on your mortgage
4) Remaining term - 20 years but we are planning to drop this to 15 years whether we fix it or not
5) Lender - BOI
6) Value of your home - €400K
7) Might you trade up or overpay your mortgage? Unlikely at this stage
8) Do you face any barriers to switching? E.g., an impaired credit record, a mortgage with a warehoused portion due to a restructuring, reduced income since you took out your mortgage, you are now renting out the property. No
9) What rates are you considering fixing at? 3.8% for 10 years.
10) Does your house have a high BER rating which might qualify it for a lower rate? Check it here
or estimate it if necessary. No
11) How well could you handle a further 2% rise in the ECB rate? Ok I think.