I had tenants from hell! Can I claim losses and cleaners off landlords insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I promised the ESB a forwarding address & copy of my Tenants Lease Agreement to state that they have been living there for that particular period of time.
You may be breaching Data Protection legislation by giving any information to the ESB.

You may be breaching Data Protection legislation by giving any information to the ESB.

Is there generally a clause in a private lease agreement precluding a landlord from using the information therein?

Is there generally a clause in a private lease agreement precluding a landlord from using the information therein?
It works the other way around. Unless there is a clause that notifies the tenant beforehand that their information might be given to ESB etc, then it would be illegal to pass over that information.

It works the other way around. Unless there is a clause that notifies the tenant beforehand that their information might be given to ESB etc, then it would be illegal to pass over that information.

Sometimes I despair - does the fact that the tenants provided false information to the ESB mean anything?

Sometimes I despair - does the fact that the tenants provided false information to the ESB mean anything?
It means nothing to the landlord's rights to release information. It is a matter between the tenant and the ESB I presume.

I dont care wether its illegal or not. i`ll be opening the bill when it arrives to have a look at how much is actually owed and once i have their address (which ill have tonight) ill be passing it on & if they wish to take me to court for breach of information (waffle waffle waffle) ill be happy to pop along to the court that day :) Panicky but happy

Revenge is a dish....

Im much stronger this week thank god - im normally a pure pushover & way too nice (so my OH tells me) and thanks to him also because he`s pushing me to fight it all.

SW have asked for a copy of the ESB bill which I have also told them ill give over

Im getting very brave LOL

I dont care wether its illegal or not. i`ll be opening the bill when it arrives to have a look at how much is actually owed and once i have their address (which ill have tonight) ill be passing it on & if they wish to take me to court for breach of information (waffle waffle waffle) ill be happy to pop along to the court that day :) Panicky but happy

I should think so too - with the string of problems following them I'm sure breach of data protection will be the least of their worries..

sorry to hear about that. at least it wasn't your family home they destroyed.

- with the string of problems following them I'm sure breach of data protection will be the least of their worries..
It won't be the tenant's worry at all - it will be the landlord's worry. Never underestimate the ability of people to play the system.

If your registered with the PRTB, I'd chase them. It'll take months, but you'll be successful. Absolute f*ckers...how dare they! Just wondering.....you did state to the Gardai that tv's etc were stolen. If you have a pulse number, what is to stop you claiming for the stolen goods via your insurance??....just a thought ;)

My solicitor is now dealing with the Insurance co as they are still refusing to accept there is a claim.

Im registered with the PRTB so ill contact them next week. The gardai has a copy of the Lease agreement that they signed along with a signed inventory of the house. I have underlined everything that was stolen and damaged.

Its a slow process but I have all the time in the world.

Why didn'tyou check out your tenants properly in the first place??? Could it be that if they're not living near yourself you don't care too much as long as they pay up the money??? If yes to this you're just like a lot of other landlords who just don't give a hoot about the people next door who have to put up with the idiots that are rented to by landlords such as yourself! In many cases along with this the grass is never cut 'till a new tenant is needed and the house poorly maintained if at all.

And I'd bet your probably just like my tenants!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back