Ulster I got my UB tracker back today!

Hi @Mortub2005

It might be that your sub account is your actual mortgage. I know our UB mortgage has a single account id and is broken into 2 separate sub accounts - being our initial mortgage and the mortgage top up we took out in 2006, both of which have now been put to tracker rates.

Thanks Julianato for the reply, I am going to check that out today. Fingers crossed it's the main one.

Hi everyone, new to posting. I got letter in Dec saying I was part of tracker review and my Variable Rate was moved to tracker ECB+1.15%, redress + comp. We were shocked when we received the letter as I had thought all these years I had missed our opportunity to take a tracker when it was first offered but reading up and educating myself / looking into our paper work, it was not offered. 270k mortgage taken out in 2006 over 40yrs (7% deposit paid in cash) - have moved from variable to fixed over the years. Same as other awaiting updated letter to come in March. Waiting for post everyday - although I don't think figures will be in these letters

Thanks for your post Rebelog! Congratulations, truly delighted for you! Make sure you get every cent you are entitled to and more back!!

Your post suggests to me that the CB review, while slow, is really uncovering absolutely everything it says it will.

Thank you Tedtalk, possibly CB found our case but may be coincidence or not but I rang UB in early December asking for figures if I wanted to reduce term of mortgage by 5 / 10years - didn't receive letter about reducing or term but letter regarding tracker...so maybe I unintentionally highlighted my account :) which is great, and as like many others we bought in the boom, always made payments, married with 2 kids & with childcare costs, every little penny is needed

Our rate is still the same so nothing has been done every month is a waiting game and now I'm being made redundant

Thanks you I'll just have to find something else hopefully. It would just soften the blow a little if our rate was reduced.

So I got the next letter that they told me would issue in March. Just says they have continued to make progress in conducing the review, but because of its complexity it will take a number of months to complete. Also states that the Bank is establishing an independent appeals panel to allow any customer a 12 month timeframe from the date of their redress and compensation to submit an appeal. So it goes on.........

Got the long awaited generic letter this morning, the word underwhelmed comes to mind!

Just rang ub today to see what repayment is for may. It has been put back on tracker with a difference of 281.33 per month. Thank goodness I was beginning to loose hope. I haven't received any letter yet so if anyone is waiting maybe ring and see what your payment is for may

I have not heard anything from Ulster Bank about compensation.
Other than the usual "you are now on 1.15%" letter, I have heard nothing.

Is anyone in possession of time-line information?
"Just wait" is not a satisfactory answer.

I haven't heard anything from them since 4th April, which is over 60 days ago. They've gone very quiet again. So I rang their 'dedicated tracker mortgage enquiries team' but after waiting over 15 minutes for someone to take the call, I had to hang up. I then rang their Complaints Handling Centre who told me I should be ringing the dedicated number. When I told them I couldn't get through, and that I thought they were supposed to be making contact with me every 40 days or so under the Central Bank's Complaint procedure, I was told that this was different, and that they didnt have to adhere to that procedure. However, they will email the team requesting them to ring me. Will post if I get a call.

I understand main Banks due again before Oireachtas Finance Cmtee this month with UB due perhaps on June 23. I will confirm date.

This is only opportunity to have Banks questioned in public. When date confirmired all affected need to contact Comittee members. UB CEO last appeared last Dec and hasnt kept his promises to put it mildly.

Back