Ulster I got my UB tracker back today!

In todays news I see UB have restored 1885 customers to trackers and more to come. Number restored greater than I anticipated. They appear to be leaving questionable ❓ to last.

I'm waiting now 18 months after being told I was included in review. UB refuse to give any update of any sort and whole process shrouded in secrecy. Have requested copy of my file under Data Protection.

I think they are leaving the more complex till last.

The FA mortgages are the only ones the central bank are taking action against. Also with the loans moving from FA to UB more work involved with going back over FA paperwork.

Just a quick question to anyone who called UB and got the reduced tracker figure for the 1st of the following month, how long did it take for the letter to actually come? Im still ecstatic about the new figure but want the letter in my hand before I buy the bubbly! Thanks in advance

I rang UB around the 23rd of Jan and at that stage i was told i was back on tracker. Got the letter in the Post on 26th January ahead of my Feb Payment (reduced payment as per new rate) which was taken on 1st Feb.

I called the UB Tracker line and they tell me the letter was issued on the 28th Feb but I haven't received it yet. Massive relief with him reading the words from it to me, redress, compensation and your new tracker rate is...! Happy days at bloody last!

I called the UB Tracker line and they tell me the letter was issued on the 28th Feb but I haven't received it yet. Massive relief with him reading the words from it to me, redress, compensation and your new tracker rate is...! Happy days at bloody last!

Congrats!!
My letter was dated 27th January and I received it on 2nd February. You will probably get it early next week even though you know the contents but its a good feeling to have it in your hand. In my letter, they said they will write to me in March (its March now!!) with further details which I presume will be details of what I overpaid and the offer of compensation. They also said that they will pay towards me getting advice from a qualified financial advisor. Good times indeed.

Thanks a mill! they told me that I'll get another letter at the end of March also but he reckoned that it would be a generic letter and wouldn't state actual figures at that point! Hopefully he's wrong, I prefer what you said :)

he reckoned that it would be a generic letter and wouldn't state actual figures at that point!

This is what I'm fearful of in the letters this month when/if they arrive before the end of the month. I expect it may be similar to the 90 day letters many of us received before reinstatement.

This is what I'm fearful of in the letters this month when/if they arrive before the end of the month. I expect it may be similar to the 90 day letters many of us received before reinstatement.

You could be right, I see on the letter where they say 'this could take a couple of months'. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up, only the words that I wanted to see were bouncing off the page at me!!! Anyway, we are this far.

Hi, UB Mortgage was restored to tracker this month 1.05, got letter explaining same.
Was told another letter would be sent later this month with an update of progress, got the feeling it will not include anything in relation to the overcharge calculation, compensation etc. planning on requesting my file during month and get the old bean counter out.:confused:

Good for you 8ightball, delighted to see more good news!!!

Make sure you get every cent that was incorrectly taken from you and appropriate interest/compensation.

Just got another holding letter☹️When will this nightmare end.

What's your next step? Are you going to wait for them to finalise the process or take more pro-active steps? I ask because I am anticipating receiving a holding letter this month and I am trying to think of the appropriate action to take.

My previous letter (December 2016) stated that the review would take some time due to the complexity of such a review. That was 3 months ago. I can't really except that they can overcharge me for 8 years and not wrap up a review and repayment in 3 months. I suspect it is taking them so long due to the scale of their problem (i.e. uncovering the amount of people impacted) and perhaps the lack of resources to tackle it; neither of which are my concern.

If all affected UB customers were to pool together and issue letters to UB would that make them sit up? Is there any appetite for this from UB customers?

@justo I think there's a bit of confusion here. As I read it, those who received holding letters today have not been reinstated to their tracker rate yet and are actually awaiting the preliminary outcome of their review.

Those of us who got a reinstatement letter in December/Jan/Feb were told we'd receive further correspondence in March. To the best of my knowledge none of those letters have been sent out yet. While I suspect they'll be a further holding letter, it's only an educated guess. We can but wait until the post arrives and there's at least another 2 weeks to go by my reckoning.

I am getting padraic kissane help. As I understand it not much use sending letters as UB are hiding behind the central bank review.

@SaySomething Thanks for clarifying that - Indeed I was confusing two sets of impacted customers.

I think the question is still valid - are there steps that can be taken as a collective group of UB customers where we can have more of a voice than acting alone? I suppose I am interested in Padraic Kissane's view, expressed at the last Finance Committee presentation, where he made this very point, but seemed to indicate this would happen some time from now. I am poised to write to them when I receive their letter this month, assuming there will be no substantive information it it.

Is it worth setting up an online petition?If it could be publicised to get enough signatures they would have to pay attention. I tried again ringing UB, CB and ombudsman to see if there was any end in sight but the response from everyone was wait and see. I can't wait any longer.

Hi everyone, I am new to posting. Just received a letter today from ub saying our sub account is being changed to a tracker rate. Is there any reason why it would be only the sub account and not main mortgage aswell? Should I enquire about my main mortgage. Thanks

Back