I can't afford PiA what are my options?

paddyjnr

I picked the first PIP on the list I got from mabs and to be honest from day 1 it's been a disaster, he asked me could I get 3,000euro together to offer my creditors and with my mere invalidity pension it would of taken me years.he settled for 1000 to which they accepted.
He then went to tell me my pension was in danger and needed to be moved, long story but wasn't an easy process as my ex-wife wouldn't sign or interact with the proceedings (head in the sand) eventually I get a letter to say it's safe in a retirement fund and we can go ahead with either pia or bankruptcy. Both which come to an extra 3,000.
I can't get my hands on that kind of money so I ring a place in Dublin and they tell me they can bring me through bankruptcy for 275.00.
My question is can I bale out on the expensive guy at this stage without penalty, I have already given him a 500euro voucher from mabs.
Please can anyone help me in my dilemma. I feel I'm going stir crazy from it.

So, let's just try and get this straight. The PIA creditors meeting took place, and an offer of €1,000 was accepted?

Yes the 1,000 was an offer to my creditors during the PIA, I wasn't aware his costs would amount to 3,000, we had a meeting today and I expressed my concerns as to not being able to pay his services, we have decided to go down the Bankruptcy route and he has now set up a payment scheme which is affordable and fair for me so all is good. I was just completely mixed up with the whole affair, so I wrote down all my questions and got answers.

You do know that the IMHO will examine your file for free and would just charge the legal admin fees if going through bankruptcy.

I think it would possibly be worth your while if you gave them a ring and explain the full story to them.

You do know that the IMHO will examine your file for free and would just charge the legal admin fees if going through bankruptcy.

I think it would possibly be worth your while if you gave them a ring and explain the full story to them.
Oh thank you so much but I don't know can i get out of it at this stage, he done so much work on the PIA, I feel he would still be looking for his fee unless I could put him down as another Creditor but he was so good and understanding today I would feel guilty pulling out.
It started as a big mess because things weren't explained to me properly at the offset which was for sure negligence on his behalf but I just want done with it now, it's going on so long and he has made the payment of it very sustainable for me. thank you though because if there are anymore "rabbits pulled out of the hat"I will for sure go down that route.

Back