Husqvarna Automower

alert

Hi guys,

just got a Husqvarna "flyer" in the post. To my astonishment they're selling three "Automowers", sort of robot mowers. This is like a dream come true for me as it usually takes me 6 hours to get the grass cut, (acre site). Would be very interested if anyone has any experience of these products.

Thanks,

ALERT.

I sell a competitor product called Robomow. I got a call from a lady this morning saying she bought a robomow 3 years ago and hasn't replaced any parts, has not serviced it and has not cut the grass herself since she bought it! Installation requires a small wire around the edge of your garden. Once you have it set up you'll never buy a manual mower again!

Last edited:
I got a call from a lady this morning saying she bought a robomow 3 years ago and hasn't replaced any parts, has not serviced it and has not cut the grass herself since she bought it!
Did she ring you up especially to tell you this? :confused:

Alert,
I've seen the Husqvarna robot mower in action on an urban commerical site in Sweden a few years ago. I was sitting in the car waiting for my other half to finish an errand and I saw this robot mowing the grass of the lot beside me. Brilliant!

Its a few months since anything was posted on this thread

Have any of you all ventured into hand off mowing with auto / robo mower ?

We've been trialling a robot mower for the past 3 weeks, and it's brilliant. Particularly in the poor weather we've been having, Morris (the mower) has been able to keep the lawns (two large odd shaped lawns of about 3/4 acre in total) trim & tidy when our neighbours have had to keep their ride-on mowers in the shed. He's not a Husqvarna mower, but from a crowd called AutoLawnMow. We have been accused of being lazy in not wanting to spend several hours a weekend mowing the grass, but to me it just leaves us time to do other jobs around the place. Morris is great, & we'll be keeping him, financially he works out way cheaper than a ride-on & running costs are minimal (approx €7.00 per year - yes year to keep him charged, I can't confirm that however until this time next year) Anyway we love him.

Hi kincavel,

Which model is 'Morris' and is there any negotiation leeway on the prices listed on their site?

Hi Husq,
Morris is the "Deluxe", I'd say there's always room for negotiation on the price.

Don't these things head back to a 'docking station' to charge themselves automatically ?

How easy would it be to nick them if they're outside unattended ? Are there any preventative measures against this ?

They do have a docking station in the garden and at the end of its programmed mowing session it heads home for charging. It would be possible for someone to walk off with the mowing unit from your garden, but would be absolutely useless to whoever pinched it as they are programmed to the layout of the garden they are set up in.

Back