Husband passed away, what rights have our children?

Hi there, she was a sister of my mother in law. And yes my husband had 3 other siblings. Thanks for your help

Do sing has three living nieces a third each. Your MIL had no other sibling? Who has issue?

I am sorry for your loss and it is tough rearing young children alone.
Financially you say you are secure which is a great relief. As the other posters have said there is no entitlement. That is not to say that you or the children wont benefit either by a will or in the absence of same.
Your husband was probably not aware of the full legal position.
I think you should just get on with your life and see what the future brings. There does not appear to be any signs of animosity in the family so hopefully as they say "whats due to you will come to you"

Hi there, she was a sister of my mother in law. And yes my husband had 3 other siblings. Thanks for your help
Is Granny the only sibling? If yes, and she outlives her wealthy sister then everything goes to Granny. (Without a will).

And if Granny then dies without a will, it goes equally to her children, with the share of Mr. SueMoo's going to his children, them being the children of a predecesased child. Just watch out for the Church and the Cat people. :rolleyes: (I forgot to say sorry for your loss, it can't be easy.)

Also you say you are ok financially, but no harm doing the money makeover to see if you can do better.

Last edited:
Back