Hull

focus

Hi

I friend of mine has approached me on purchasing apartments in the city of Hull, 1 beds 500 sqft for 130K. He is sending on info in the next few days. Has anyone any information on good and bad areas of Hull ?. What is the average price for apartments in the city of Hull ?. Is there good rental demand ?. Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Do not touch this with a barge pole.Not even if he drops the price.Hull is a terrible depressing town.No industry,little employment.The BBC radio have a small studio in the city center probably the ground floor tenant in your apartment block .Think it is called Queens court .Apartments were built on the strenght of the BBC coming but the BBC scaled back and only a hand full of employees ever were employed.Rents are low and a lot of apartments are let to social services.Can not stress enought do not buy in Hull.

DO NOT BUY IN HULL,voted the worst place to live in the UK on a recent bbc doc.

If a friend of yours recommended you to buy an apartment in Hull, I'd place more thought into getting new friends rather than purchasing there.

Well, they might be in the Premiership next season. Would that make a diffirence - Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc coming?

Well, they might be in the Premiership next season. Would that make a diffirence - Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc coming?

Any what about the year after when they inevitably get relegated (assuming they get promoted in the first place)?

Was in Hull about 10 years ago and was surprised just how shabby it was. People were very friendly and it had its own charms but it was like Ireland in the 80's.

Not a scientific response I know....

Back