Huge electricity bill

Mjirish28@gmail

Hi all, hope you are well. I am with Electric Ireland last 13 years in Dublin but never received such a huge electricity bill 950 euros for 2 months. I provided the accurate meter reading but they said you last few bills were estimated which is not true. I always provide my meter readings when there is a time for a new bill to be generated. There are only 2 people are living at home and not much change in the usage so don't know whether it's a meter glitch or something. Please advise me on this matter if possible. Thanks M

Also I am planning to switch to Energia, I heard they are cheaper than Electric Ireland, is this true?

You can check the bills for the last year to see if they were estimated or not.
If can check the reading on the meter and make sure the reading on the bill is comparable
If you do not have a paper copy of your bill, the bill should be available online

Use one of the switching comparison sites to find the cheapest supplier - www.bonkers.ie for example

On your bill, the readings which are esitmated are usually marked with an E beside them and customer readings are indicated with a C e.g. 80553 E or 80553 C. I suggest you gather your bills for the last few times and check them. Otherwise go online and create an account if necessary (you will need the MPRN number which is on your bill) and see all you bills for the last year. Are you sure they received your readings ? For 2 people in an apartment 950 would make up most of your annual bill. If you were only paying small bills for the last year i.e. under €80 then it could be possibl;e I guess.

On your bill, the readings which are esitmated are usually marked with an E beside them and customer readings are indicated with a C e.g. 80553 E or 80553 C. I suggest you gather your bills for the last few times and check them. Otherwise go online and create an account if necessary (you will need the MPRN number which is on your bill) and see all you bills for the last year. Are you sure they received your readings ? For 2 people in an apartment 950 would make up most of your annual bill. If you were only paying small bills for the last year i.e. under €80 then it could be possibl;e I guess.
Thank you.

I switched from Energia to GlowPower via Bonkers this year and I am regretting this decision.

So far I have received two estimated bills that were nearly double what they should be. I cannot log in to my account to submit a correct meter reading. I have to contact the company by email.

They also debit your account on a monthly basis. From memory other providers do this on a two monthly basis? (is this correct). My last DD was on the 3rd May and my latest bill I am advised will be submitted on the 31st May. To me that's two bills in the one month.....

I have also been unhappy with my switch to glow power. Their estimated billing has been very poor. For example I always use more night units than day units but the estimated bill is always the opposite. When I submitted the correct day and night readings they reversed them and again the bill was incorrect. I had only switched over a month or two when they increased prices and didn't honour what they quoted on bonkers.ie. I am biding my time to switch to another provider.

I have also been unhappy with my switch to glow power. Their estimated billing has been very poor. For example I always use more night units than day units but the estimated bill is always the opposite. When I submitted the correct day and night readings they reversed them and again the bill was incorrect. I had only switched over a month or two when they increased prices and didn't honour what they quoted on bonkers.ie. I am biding my time to switch to another provider.
For me it is the same problem with Glow Power. I cannot submit my meter reading online to them. They put the blame on me by saying that I am using the wrong browser......Google Edge.

They are over estimating my meter reading by nearly double each month.

Glow Power clearly state on their website that they bill monthly and read the meters quarterly. On that basis, I'd be very curious to see if the next bill corrects the position.

They put the blame on me by saying that I am using the wrong browser......Google Edge.
I don't have a problem submitting my readings to them and do so every month. Maybe consider using another browser such as Mozilla Firefox? In their favour they do give plenty of notice before they debit your account but it is a nuisance having to submit readings every month. I haven't had an actual reading from them in the past year. Surely ESB networks have resumed meter readings at this stage?

You can submit your electricity reading through the ESB networks site, rather than that of your provider.
I'm with Electric Ireland and it adds an extra 7/8 days to the billing cycle if I submit meter readings that way. The little person on the de phone in Cork bhai must have to cycle to Fitzwilliam St, Dublin 2 with stone engravings before submitting them to the data-entry clerks.

Back