Hp car finance about to end,no second key?

fredg

Hi there,
About to pay last hp payment on car,
I want the second key for it ,I wasn't given it
At sale of car which I thought was fair enough.
Now they tell me they've no second key???

Where do I stand?
Am I entitled to it?
Can they be made get me one?
It's an 08 bought through garage.
Help appreciated

Fred

You should have gotten both sets when you purchased the car, not sure what your hp term was but assuming it was 3yr agreement whatever guarantee you got has probably expired.doubt very muchthe garage will be of any help. You can order a new key and have it coded in a main dealer or private locksmith cost between 120 and 200 euro.

Had car on hp, new car in 01, had both keys.

Dont know how you managed without second key...once even locked my first key into boot.

I once bought a car and left the dealership with only one fob as he couldnt locate the second...few weeks later...second key arrived and it was a manual...eventually discovered the car not have central locking (unbelievable) anyway car was sent to a company who retro fitted the central locking but I remember pricing key fobs, central locking ones more expensive and also relative to your car make.

Id email the head company and push to get the cost of the key paid...this is what i had to do in above story as salesman washed his hand of the situation (he wanted to give my money back and my own car)....

was told when buying car that second key
was kept until end of hp finance for security reasons,
ie,selling the car while on hp,not paying the hp itself.

all very reasonable i thought.

thinking of not paying final installment without the key?

stupid idea?

f

was told when buying car that second key
was kept until end of hp finance for security reasons,
ie,selling the car while on hp,not paying the hp itself.

I don't suppose you have that in writing? If so, it should be possible to get them to provide it - either the original, or if lost a replacement at their cost.

You could try insisting on this, regardless of whether you have anything in writing.

I have to say, it does sound odd though: surely it must have been inconvenient at some stage or other not to have two keys?

Back